El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, March 14, 2005
Frustrating Day!
Ok. So - I was pumped to get to go to El Camino Academy and help out. And I still am. But I would definitely ask for your prayers as there is a definite hitch in transportation stuff. Today I did go - and it was tight! I am placed in a class with grade 4´s (quite a bunch of kids may I say) with a teacher from Chicago - Tara Hamstrom - a very nice girl. I can see why I am there as she has 22 kids in her class, and 16 of them are girls... lots of "she hurt my feelings..." kinda stuff going on I guess, so cool discipleship opportunities are there with the kids! I also talked today with the principal of the elementary schoola bout the ESL thing. I will probably have 8 - 10 core kids that I will work with, and about 6 - 8 as needed kids to work with. I´m so excited for that opportunity... as nervous as I am at the same time. I had a cool talk with Tara today about the opportunity to serve others in ministry by caring for their kids. The transportation thing... aiy! How frustrating... basicall, the problem is I just live too far away and to pick me up adds like, 15 minutes to any buses route. BUT I most definitely can not just hop onto Bogota buses by myself... over 3 million people each morning take the trans-millenia buses (which is only ONE of the types of transportation!!!)... imagine me, lacking Spanish, trying to do that! Pray, pray, pray. Otherwise - I am awesome. I feel like an idiot cuz I roasted today and now look like a tomatoe, and tonight I got to watch a game (basically like soccer) called banquitas... the guys that were playing were possibly the most amazingly talented peopel I´ve ever seen! Bascially, the ball is hard, and 1/2 the size of a soccer ball... and their footwork - oh my word. It was heinously amazing. I have to run now... to all out there who read this, I appreciate the prayers - God is slowing revealing areas I can minister in here... even if it "only" friendship and encouragement.
posted by Erica @ 3:32 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you will get the hang of it soon enough.

     
  • At 9:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have full confidence in God's ability to use you in the lives of people down there. You are a gifted person. How is the visa thing going? Any success? Love you lots, Rachel

     
  • At 1:55 p.m., Blogger Marla Faith said…

    Hey Scams. Sounds like you're surviving :) I love you lots and want you to know I am praying for you!!! Keep trusting God in the difficult circumstances of life. And pray for me when you think of it...I'm applying to go to South America in fall, but everything's up in the air right now. Take care...and remember to take time to thank Jesus for the "little" blessings of every day! With much love and many prayers, Marla :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER