El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, July 09, 2007
Live Earth
Live Earth was this past weekend... watched a bit of it with the hubs while moving in (new couch/chair!!!!)... and have to say, that I was INCREDIBLY impressed with the performances of:



ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Not necessarily for his music, but more for how he REALLY was trying to get the crowd into it - I thought he was fun, relaxed and a good performer.



CORINNE BAILEY RAE - I only caught two of her songs; one a duet and one "Put Your Records On"... and she was WONDERFUL! Really in her element; she looked comfortable, and she has a GREAT voice!



ALICIA KEYS - I used to be really, really annoyed with Ms. Keys... why? I don't know - but her final song "Ain't Got You" won me over. Seriously, she went for it and really gave a great performance of it.

These are three artists that I don't normally connect with/enjoy... although I might need to get Corinne Bailey Rae's album, cuz she was just SO good. But all in all, I enjoyed catching glimpses from around the world.

And you know, I'm sure we could all critique some aspect of the whole event, I really really think the intention, thought and outcoming goals of the weekend might do something to START the ball rolling in a lot of people's lives towards making changes in how we're living out life. Al Gore is doing a good thing here I think. I'm sure lots of us out there can pick the poor guy apart; but I admire that someone out there is doing SOMETHING...

How can I be more a part of it is what I wonder... great challenge through their website - it's a little test to see how much carbon we're contributing annually; check it out at: Live Earth.

Peace friends!
posted by Erica @ 8:16 a.m.  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Janelle said…

    the Corinne CD is a must have!! i can't live without it!!! it's amazing!!!! buy it!!!
    and i loved Live Earth as well. i thought Dave Matthews was awesome...and Fall Out Boy. Enrique was freakin' hot!!!!

     
  • At 4:55 p.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    I like coming back to this page just to catch that hot pic of Enrique... :)

     
  • At 1:42 p.m., Blogger officehourthoughts said…

    I thought it was kind of ironic that Kelly Clarkson was there.... I mean she's the NASCAR spokes person, and if there is a more unenvironmentally friendly sport I'm not sure what it is, but there she is telling the world that carbon is a bad thing.... It's that sort of irony that really made the whole live earth thing a bit of a joke.
    hey sorry things didn't work out on Sunday, we really felt bad that things didn't work out... next time

     
  • At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Paul said…

    wow I cant believe you mentioned ENRIQUE IGLESIAS and said good performance all in the same sentence...I am praying for you! you need it!

     
  • At 8:23 a.m., Blogger Gina & Shaun said…

    Hey - this is actually for Tim cause I don't know how else to reach him!! I stumbled across this blog by reading Elissa's and had to say "HI" and "CONGRATS!" I meant to just post that, but I started reading this blog and couldn't stop! Tim, you have a fasinating and wise wife, I wish you both all the best in your lives together. And don't be afraid to drop an email every now and then to let me know where you are! Take care, Gina

     
  • At 10:32 a.m., Blogger andrew + camille said…

    hey i'm a friend of dana's (and caitlin/simon's cousin)and i just wanted to encourage you to buy that corinne bailey rae cd, it's amazing...i play it ALL the time. and i've been a huge fan of alicia's since she first came out... how can you NOT love her!!?? hahaha
    cheers! and congrats!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER