El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Svelte vs. Curvaceous
OK... so this might be a bit of a 'risque' topic to put up here... but, this is a topic that has been coming up more and more in my last couple of weeks.

I have a rather important wedding dress to fit into in just a few short days (9 to be exact... 8 in 1 hour and 14 minutes)... and with this fact comes another, a realization one might say, of all of the faults my body has. I am not thin. Shocking to you? HA. I have a "booty" you might say... and I, probably more than you would assume, am COMPLETELY aware that it is always right there behind me, following me, lurking, waiting to jump out and take a big 'ole bite out of that Big Mac I reallllly want to eat...

Right alongside that suspiciously lurking subject is my brain... the part of me that reassures me I am beautiful, the part of me that tells me to be wise about my food choices, but not obsess. Would I like to lose 30-40 pounds...???? UH - Is Timothy Baerwald incredibly hot??? OF COURSE... but will I obsess over it and worry that I am disgusting? Ugly? Not worthy of someone thinking I AM SEXY? Absolutely NOT.

We as women need to stop worrying about the labels this world would put on us. Why does it make me feel bad when I have to skip the size 8's, 10's... and occasionally the 12's??? I am made this way. My Creator deemed me OK to be graced with a CURVACEOUS figure. I am not a sporty shape, I am not a model shape, I am not any shape other than the one he gave me!

And so. This said: I will rejoice when I eat something with gorgeous flavours that combine to give me a unique and delicious culinary experience, I will eat that burger if I want it, and I will NOT worry that everything I put into my mouth will somehow make me FAT (What an ugly, ugly word anyway!)!!!

I have a most wonderful guy by my side, who loves me as I am (and perhaps moreso because of my 'booty'... :) )... but even if I didn't, and even though I do: I still have a GOD who created me to be this way... who loves me even if I am svelte or curvaceous... who loves you even if you are svelte or curvaceous!

Let us stop focusing on the negative and instead say: this is who I am. I am sexy, I am loved, I am who I am, I am loved, and most importantly: I am HIS BELOVED.

PERIOD ---> Love yourself today, and recognize that you are not alone!



PS: Here are some synonyms (of the word "curvy": for you to chew on: ample, built, busty, curvaceous, full-bosomed, full-figured, healthy, hearty, lusty, plump, robust, shapely, stacked*, voluptuous, well-made, well-proportioned, well-rounded, winsome...

... sweet!
posted by Erica @ 1:45 p.m.  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:48 a.m., Blogger Kelsie-Lynn said…

    Amen Friend!!!! Thanks!! I am SO with you! Thanks for the encouragement! By the way I think you are beautiful! You are going to look amazing in 8 days! love ya! Tex

     
  • At 7:56 a.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    Ha ha... I loved this post, Scammell! And yes, you are incredibly beautiful... those eyes and that hair... really, I'm quite jealous!

    You will be a beautiful bride and eat whatever you want on that day for sure! (Save something yummy for me... or maybe just eat something for me:)

     
  • At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Elissa said…

    Well said Erica! I needed to read that this morning, as I am feeling quite large these days. Sometimes its hard to realize that it's okay, and good, to put on the weight and get nice and round when you're pregnant! Anyways, you are going to make a beautiful bride, and I am so excited for you and Tim. Hopefully I'll get a chance to say hello next weekend!

     
  • At 3:29 p.m., Blogger Janelle said…

    haha - i love you my friend. how nice it is to have someone understand your thoughts...and also to have a friend that has enough humor to make what can sometimes be a totally depressing subject a really funny thing...plus add encouragement.
    you're the best, and i can't wait to see how beautiful you will be - bum and all! :)

     
  • At 8:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear, dear Erica,
    Thank you so much for your post - it was exactly what I needed to hear today! Mostly the part about being beloved. Have an awesome wedding day - you will be radiant...
    Sarah

     
  • At 10:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hola mi negrita como estas???

    porfavor escribe cosas tambien en espaƱol por que yo quiero leer

     
  • At 9:12 a.m., Blogger Trev and Rebekah said…

    I love this post. So true it is. This reminded me of my honeymoon. The parts of me that I hated were the parts that Trev loved. Didn't make sense but it sure has helped me to love myself more. Still working on it though. :0) All the best with the wedding.

     
  • At 7:10 p.m., Blogger Leah said…

    amen my sister. i like what you have written, very true, and still hard to get my head around. thanks for writing what you feel. love you and see you THIS WEEKEND WHEN YOU GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I happened to be googling the word "voluptuous" and I came across your blog. Although you've probably written it a while ago, it is just what I needed to read :) Thanks

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER