El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, May 14, 2007
Indeed. Indeed.
Today Dana and I went to see some of the kids dancing at this Grandmothers for Grandma's fundraiser/awareness event thing.

The kids were part of an Afrian Dance group... and honestly, as I sat there watching these beautiful kids I felt so proud of them... for some I am sure it was a nerve wracking challenge to get up on stage and do that... the way they kept looking at their instructor to make sure they were doing it right - so beautiful!

I was also impacted by these children and the lives that they have lived already. Maybe some of them are too young to remember, but these kids are refugees... and at some point in their lives have had to live in very difficult circumstances. Man alive.

I am in the process of developing the youth advance theme for next year. I know these thoughts don't seem connected; but honestly every day I am more and more inspired to go with what I have been thinking as a theme more and more. This world needs positive action... we need to be inspiring and encouraging one another to do the things that are being laid on our hearts to do to be people who are affecting change where it is needed.

A little shout out to my roomie, Dana Fern - go with what you are dreaming of... you are meant to inspire change.

Much love all... much love.
posted by Erica @ 4:13 p.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice to see you "downtown" yesterday.

    Amen to positive action, affecting change, inspiration, taking action....etc. My contribution to the world, yours? One "drop", but add all those drops together, and there is a rainshower my friend. Let it rain.

    Hope you don't miss me too much! :)
    LB

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER