El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, April 09, 2007
Fear Not...
You may all still call me Scams.

Hi guys. Sorry I am sucking at this blogging thing... it's not even like I can blame it on being busy planning the wedding. Virtually everything that needs to be done for now is just that - Done. Guh. I'm boreddddd! But, thankful that everything went so smoothly; some details for the ladies out there who might be interested;

Wedding Ceremony is at Zoar Mennonite in Waldheim
Reception is immediately to follow at Bethany College
Our photographer is Debra Marshall (Seriously; check her out - so good!)
Catering the reception is Oven Scence from Dalmeny
Dana is my Maid of Honour and Jared Brandes is Tim's Best Man
We're not really having "colours" perse; but Dana will be in all black, as will Jared - really it's the flowers that I want to pop.
Flowers are done by Blossoms - I'm having a big bouquet that is a mix of hydrangea's, peonies, freesia, roses, gerbera's, treasure calla's, and greenery... so I'm pumped about that.

Yeah; that's the basics. I am already so excited for the big day; not because I'm all bridezilla and super crazy about my wedding; really we've been very very laid back about everything; but I'm just so excited because it is looking like it is going to be SUCH a FUN FUN day... not to toot my own horn; really it's nothing I have done, but everything that has absolutely fallen into place. Now we just have to decide things like what music we want to walk down the aisle to and what ring Tim is going to decide on and small stuff... the invitations are going out in the mail today... truly; nothing to do right now. Bored bored bored! (In the most excited way!)

In other news; I'm doing fairly well... my emotions of late have been ALLLLL over the map. Somedays I don't even know the source of my upsetness or discontent, but I'm trying. I think it might all be because I'm not a lover of change (by ANY means...) and right now my life is in quite a state of pending upheaval. Dana's moving out; Tim's moving in. I'm going to be married. I'm changing jobs (well - quitting one and going full time in the other)... and maybe too a part of it is all that it is just looming over me. Nothing is RIGHT NOW, it's all in a while. And I find myself trying to be patient and sucking badly at it. Anybody who knows me knows this about me; I am very much a "make it happen" kind of girl. You ask me to plan someething, be somewhere, do something, I will get it done NOW. Which in my personal life sucks because I need to stop pushing things and wanting it to be here already and just enjoy today for what it is worth; correct?

Arg. I strain against life so often instead of just giving myself over to it.

Anyhoo; maybe one of these days I'm gonna grab up a camera and go picture taking... it's been too long this blog of mine without photos. Soon people; soon...
posted by Erica @ 8:33 a.m.  
7 Comments:
  • At 9:32 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    The wedding plans sound WONDERFUL Scamma (by the way, happy to hear that I can still call you that...just wouldn't be the same!) and I am happy to hear that things have been going smoothly. Don't worry about the emotions thing...its VERY normal...you're about to undergo some HUGE changes and its normal to be emotional...I certainly was at times :) I'll be praying for you... praying that the "transition" would be easy and that the excitement would help fade any negative emotions :)
    We love you guys tons...looking forward to hearing more!
    PS: When you do get around to posting some pictures, could you please post one of your ring!? I am VERY curious :)

     
  • At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Dana said…

    well my dear erica... you could also be sad cause I'm away and not able to bug you when you really want to go to bed... a decent amount of sleep and silence is hard on a person I hear ;)... anyway, just read your e-mail and loved every last word... so much to talk about... call me some night... it made miss home and wish i could hang out with you and the kids too, it made me not miss politics but mainly it made me miss hanging out and visiting about all the stuff that makes up like... much love dear friend... went to disneyland yesterday and thought of you... we'd have so much fun...next time...

     
  • At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    imagine for a moment erics...

    you, tim, dana & myself... june 23... dressed all the way up... and crazy as ever!

    i can't wait... i am excited for the changes in your life and i can't wait to call you Mrs. Baerwald... hehehe!

    anyways i like you lots and i miss not seeing you around bethany anymore...

     
  • At 8:48 p.m., Blogger betty said…

    hey pretty girl...good to know you man...as always good to know you.
    I get ya when it comes to the waiting...don't just make things happen...when you learn the secret to that...please share with me because I'm hurting!
    much loving hommes...

     
  • At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Trev and Rebekah said…

    If I could do it all over again I would have had my wedding colors be black and then have the flowers pop out. They will make the pictures all the more perfect.
    Where are you going to be working?
    All the best in the weeks ahead. Take time to enjoy dating outside of wedding planning.

     
  • At 11:24 a.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    Eri, es lindo saber lo lindo que del SeƱor, wow, me da tristeza no estar alli para poder compartir de cerca la alegria que esto trae a tu vida.

    Si vas a llamar esta semana estare en las noches estoy haciendo mil cosa durante el dia.

    Sino escribeme pronto, un abrazo TQM

     
  • At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Leah said…

    i like you erica. i like that you know what you want and i know it's going to be a fabulous day in June. i miss you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER