El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, April 23, 2007
Hi Carolyn Epp...!
So... just the other day, I went out for coffee with one of Tim's relatives... I shant say whom (But their initials might be R.E), and they mentioned that some in the fam have been blog stalking me to find out more about me. Alas, the moment is nigh and I would just like to say a very fun HELLO to anyone that might be blog stalking me to find out just who exactly their Timothy is marrying... I thought it was very wonderful that you thought of it... and I am so very excited to meet you sometime!

These days have been quite wonderful people... as of today there are 60 days, or 2 months until the wedding. I feel so blessed that things are just flying along. It is an interesting journey that we have had, and it is seeming more and more like this is the right decision for us. Obviously, you'd hope I would've known that when I said yes to begin with... and I did. But, with time it is seeming righter on a deeper level... I am truly pumped to become a Baerwald - as weird as it is that my name will no longer be what it always has been. To not be Erica SCAMMELL... isn't that WEIRD?

Anyway; enough wedding talk... on to the real announcement buiz. As of May 1, I am officially a full time employee of Bethany College. I know, I know... LIFER. Spare me the comments; if you don't think I, more than anyone else, am more aware of the number of years I have been involved - you are wrong. I am fully aware, and fully cognizant of the fact that the Lord keeps opening doors for me to be there. The day I feel I shouldn't be, I won't be. You can count on that. Until then, I am so so so very excited to start... I will be half time Youth Advance Director and half time Missions Assistant. Sherry Heidebrecht is directing the new developments, and I am her sidekick... things are so very exciting there people!!!

I'm not too sure what else to say; life is good. I feel content, I feel like I am being challenged. I feel like I am changing; and it's OK. Which is weird, because normally I am afraid of change... so we'll see how this goes... BE BLESSED friends... and don't forget: RSVP if you're supposed to!!!
posted by Erica @ 4:39 p.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:28 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    Scamma...first of all, yes....it is VERY wierd that you won't be "Scamms" anymore. But I am ok with it seeing as you have previously given permission to still refer to you as that. Second... congrats on your position at Bethany! You are perfect for that place and I truly believe God has and WILL CONTINUE to use you in huge ways there. Thirdly...I never got the chance to comment on how UN-FREAKIN'BELIEVABLY gorgeous your ring is!! It was kinda hard to see it in some of the pictures but it looks awesome! Very nice work Timothy.
    Welp...we love you and are so pumped that things are feeling so "right." That's the way it should be. Hugs to ya!

     
  • At 8:11 a.m., Blogger Kelsie-Lynn said…

    So officially welcome back to the Bethany world. So glad I won't be the only lifer here!!! And yeah for carpooling this summer! See you next week at work!!! Yipee!!!!

     
  • At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Denita Dyck said…

    sup.

    hey you gotta love feeling affirmed. congrats on that!

    oh and unfortunately adrian and i have to say a no to the rsvp- we will be in sk just a few days after... i'll be sure to leave a gift with someone.

    we'll be breezing through sk near the end of august, would love to catch up with you then.... unless... you would like to spend part of your honeymoon with me in june...

     
  • At 8:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mi Querida Amiga Eriquita!
    He estado orando que Dios abriera tu camino para regresar a Bethany. El ministerio alla es perfecto para ti.
    Sigo orando por todos los cambios en tu preciosa vida.
    Te quiero mucho!!!
    Joan

     
  • At 7:15 p.m., Blogger Leah said…

    ok erica, i'm commenting on your blog...are you proud of me??!?! i am glad you are going back to Bethany, it suits you so well! you will be very excellent there! be proud of being a lifer, there are worse things to be accused of! love you!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER