El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Why Timothy is Lucky to be Marrying ME!
Mainly; because last night I cooked ONE MINX SUPPER. Seriously; Bacon wrapped scallops, grilled steaks, buttery garlic and herb roasted zucchini... I am a genius. Just had to put it out there. Although; I must say, it's a VERY good thing that I'm not one of those girls that is all worried about fitting into a certain dress... or perhaps I should say maybe I SHOULD be one of those girls that worries a bit more... whatev - I am still a genius in the kitchen.

Pertaining to that; I'm sad to say that I won't be heading out to PEI this fall. Given that I'll be newly married and stuff... I have made the decision to not go to culinary school. This is a dream of mine that I am just not sure is to happen now. I've also been re-evaluating where I want to be in life... what I want to do. Do I study culinary arts full time? I'm not sure I want to put that kind of money and time into something that I am not sure is my future.... decisions eh? Oh man. I'm sure I'll be letting you all know soon enough about one last change that is going to be happening in my life that I'm making in my professional career... more to come on that later.

Also... gotta put it out there... Appleby Drive is slowly coming alive again... this week the kids were off of school and the park is alive. ALIVE! I love that the warm weather brings out the chillins... I haven't seen a lot of the Sudanese kids in a while, so to see and hear them in the park is heartwarming. Oh man I love that I love this place! Winter was a bit gross for a while there...

PS: It's + 10 outside. I am in heaven.
posted by Erica @ 5:30 p.m.  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:53 p.m., Blogger Chris said…

    Hey Erica!
    WOW. What a chef you are! In the ten (count'em...10) years of marriage, I've never gone quite that all out on a meal for Sir David. I do encourage you to pursue that lovely dream of yours as God opens the doors.

    Dave and I are so glad for you both and your upcoming WEDDING. (big day -thus- big word) We are moving to the same lovely town you are being wedded in and will be there within a month or two. Yay.

    Cheers. (kinda goofy to sign off with, but it seemed to fit)

     
  • At 10:35 a.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    A minx supper indeed. Mmmmm...i'm hungry just reading about it! Timothy is a very lucky man, but for more than just that reason.
    So happy to hear you guys are FINALLY having better weather!
    Love you Scamma.

     
  • At 10:54 a.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    Wow.. E.S., you are a wizard in the kitchen! Maybe you should come over to cook at my house someday...

    I can't wait until you can distract me practically EVERY DAY at good ol' college... yay!

     
  • At 4:31 p.m., Blogger Denita Dyck said…

    that meal sounds fantastic.

    we should do a potluck sometime.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER