El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I felt like a fool... and please don't mug me.
So; here are a couple pics of my ring... "ooohhhh...", "ahhhhh..." I felt like a complete BOOB doing this - however, I have been asked by my audience, and therefore I shall submit. It's kinda fuzzy in the pics... but basically; it's a single "princess cut" (kinda square; cut so it's sparkly) Canadian diamond "in set" (or so I'm told by Tim who actually knows such things...) into a white gold band. I adore the ring; I give thanks that Timothy isn't the kind to make me wear some HEINOUS beast on my finger that I am uncomfortable with. I like my ring, it's been a shift having to wear jewellery for the first time in my life... but I figure the symbolism and all that jazz makes it worth it. Booyeah. Please don't mug me... or take my ring if you are some creepy thief scoping me out on the I-Net. I will give you all the money I possess if I may just keep my ring (and my life...).


I realized after posting this, that I look like I have incredibly UGLY hands. In my own defense; this picture does not do my hands any justice. I love my hands - they are weirdly small, cute and soft. Keep that in mind, and don't judge me for my oddly shaped looking hands in this photo - the angles were all wrong!



posted by Erica @ 11:51 a.m.  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:44 p.m., Blogger Janelle said…

    ok, i've seen it in person and those pics don't do it CLOSE to justice!! :) i think it suits you perfectly. a beautiful ring for a beautiful lady.
    (it's a corny line for the corny post you feel uncomfortable about, though i'm glad you did, cause every woman should be able to show off their diamonds!!)

     
  • At 12:44 p.m., Blogger Janelle said…

    oh, i just want to add...this is probably the last diamond you'll ever get...well, maybe not you...but that's been the case in my marriage! i'm working on that one! :)

     
  • At 1:02 p.m., Blogger Erica said…

    Hey J. I am not sure I would ever want anymore. Seriously; just carrying the one around is enough stress. Everytime I bang the freakin thing against something I panic that I'll wreck it or lose it or that it'll fly off and I'll owe Tim one HUGE apology for losing his life savings or something. I'm not sure it's worth the additional stress to be completely honest! My ulcer is growing just writing this post....

     
  • At 3:32 p.m., Blogger Princess Warrior said…

    Erica You are fabulous. Have I told that I think you are truly hilarious. Listening to you laugh makes me want to laugh. Have a fabulous day. Oh yah, nice ring;)

     
  • At 2:21 p.m., Blogger Sabrina said…

    Hey...so I checked out a certain website to a certain place that might just be near and dear to both our hearts. Looks like you just can't get away. How beautiful is that.

    Blessings as you serve. Excited to hear more about that.

     
  • At 3:01 p.m., Blogger Elissa said…

    Hey Erica
    Got your invitation in the mail the other day. Loved it, it's perfect. I especially loved that it was addressed to Doug and Elissa Foth. I haven't heard that last name in a while!

     
  • At 8:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha, I toootally am with you on it was strange to wear jewlery when ur not a jewlery gal. I loved my ring, but I used to think my engagement ring was GINORMOUS and then when I got married I would have to add a wedding ring to the mix, I was like I have never worn anything this sparkly or big before. But now it's a part of my hand and I look at it and think, it really isn't that big at all, it was just an adjustment thing...ha ha. But ur ring is as perdy as the girl that wears it! Take care Scams, have fun with the planning!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER