El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Friday, August 17, 2007
Amen Sister... AMEN!
Bethany Dillon has a song called: "Hallelujah"... and today, I have been inspired... and so as I sit here at my desk trying to figure out which devotionals to put in this neat-OH project I am working on, I am inspired to listen to her singing what my heart is saying... it is a sweet, sweet moment.

Today, Sherry and I met with THE coolest person... such a dynamic man, with such a dynamic, beautiful, life giving ministry... and I feel so full of praise that I might just BURST!!!!

It's weird too, because we were talking about Spiritual Warfare! Ha... weird, I know. I come away from the conversation SO inspired, and SO in love with the God I serve. Jesus has made this way for us that blows my mind everytime. The fact that I work in an environment where I get to walk beside people and attempt to inspire them to live in JOY, HOPE and LOVE = radical dude!

Point people to Jesus. That was the conclusion we came to. Sometimes I feel ashamed of my faith - isn't that weird!? - but I literally sometimes am ashamed that I might be viewed by peers, parents, co-workers (you name it) as simply "emotional" or "too experiential"... but you know what? I have decided that it is OK... and that I will follow and love and hope and be joyful for all that I believe God wants to do in this world, and that has to be enough for me. I leave you with the following lyrics: they are my heart today.

"Hallelujah"
Bethany Dillon

Who can hold the stars
And my weary heart?
Who can see everything?

I've fallen so hard
Sometimes I feel so far
But not beyond your reach

I could climb a mountain
Swim the ocean
Or do anything
But it's when you hold me
That I start unfolding
And all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

The same sun that
Rises over castles
And welcomes the day

Spills over buildings
Into the streets
Where orphans play

And only you can see the good
In broken things
You took my heart of stone
And you made it home
And set this prisoner free

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

And lastly, a quote from one of the said-devotionals of above. By Joyce Rupp from the book "May I Have this Dance?":

"When we wake up with that "worn out before the day starts" feeling, we can pause to imagine God loving us, holding us tenderly, breathing life into us. As we go through the day, we can pause to be attentive to our normal breathing patterns. This pause can connect us to God, our breath of life."
posted by Erica @ 2:53 p.m.  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:58 a.m., Blogger gord and janice said…

    Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Isn't it amazing how a conversation or a song or a phrase that comes to mind can have such a way of filling us with the spirit? I know I will use that last quote as often lately I've needed that "breathe of life" early in the morning.

     
  • At 6:19 p.m., Blogger jupo said…

    i just checked out your photographer's website. i LOVE your wedding photos. erica you're beautiful!

     
  • At 12:32 p.m., Blogger Nadine said…

    hey there,
    I guess you don't know me as well, but I won't call myself a stalker. Thank you for the comment. I would love if you would read my blog. I think it's cool how we can share with the world where God is leading us in life!
    Thanks so much for your words. I appreciated them a lot. Feel free to write me anytime!

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    Oh Erica! I'm missing your inspiring voice and our conversations in your great office...:(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER