El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Letting Go
This last week has been an extremely interesting one. It's hard to write without saying too much - but some things in life that I thought were permanent have suddenly become not so permanent. I see now that it was wrong of me to cling to the things of this world that I thought I needed or that were a "sure" thing when really, all along, they weren't ever mine to need or be sure of. In this, God has spoken to my heart, in much the same way he did while I was preparing to leave for Colombia at this time last year. Last year, in my heart of hearts I was praying through and begging God to help me surrender everything to Him - hopes, fears, ambitions, people... I knew that I couldn't leave Canada still clinging onto those Canadian hopes and wants of mine. It was an intense time of feeling the intimacy with God and of knowing I was walking towards Him and with His heart. Since that time, I have obviously forgotten the lesson... it stinks that I have to relearn it in the hardness/pain of current life situations; but at the same time it doesn't stink at all. I think God desires us to release everything to Him - I know I personally am so tired of clutching everything so close that my muscles are tense from the effort... It's hard to trust God when everything in our lives seems to be changing. But if the lessons I learned in Colombia are anything to go on - hard that they may be - it is most definitely worth it. My prayer for myself as I walk through the hallways that life is taking me right now is that I can let go... and in letting go, that I can be released to be and do what God has for me.
posted by Erica @ 9:19 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As you said....It's hard to trust God when everything in our lives seems to be changing....but obedience and faith is what make us stronger, bigger, more mature...Walking with our Master perhaps what we see...is one of the best experiences in our lifes. (Oh my God!!...I`m really forgetting my english....hope you can understand me)
    I`m sure everything is going to be Ok....God Bless you!!!

     
  • At 10:38 p.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    My dear!!!
    I want to be with you right now, but i can't.

    Erica no olvides que desde aqui estoy contigo No es facil lo que estas pasando pero saldras.

    Te amo mucho amiga

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER