El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Sunday, February 12, 2006
The Sun Came Out Today!
Okay... so I can most definitely handle +3 weather! Today the sun came out... and I love love love the sun. As I was driving through good ole S'toon this afternoon, I distinctly felt the heat of the sun on my face... and I loved it. There is something about the sun that always makes me feel like life is OK. It helps that I was just coming from a lunch with my friend Dana.

Life is looking up for this next year people; and that is because God is really releasing things in my life. This last little bit I have been processing and thinking and praying and so many good things have come out of it. After one of my mentoring times with Sherry I have had a question in mind: "Who is Jesus to me?" Often in times of hardship or struggle we turn to so many things/concepts/etc... depression, disillusionment, good ole alcohol, etc... instead maybe the question isn't "God what is wrong with this picture/me/You???" It should be: "Jesus who are you to me?" Or more specifically: "Jesus: What does your presence in my life make of this situation?"

As the sun was on my face today I distinctly was aware that God/Jesus/Spirit have really changed my life - for the better - and I should live with that knowledge at the forefront of my mind and life. What does that look like? I don't know... but as Dana and I converse about this next year - about experimenting in life and love and life and love (said twice on purpose...) and being Jesus in our surrounding environment - I get pumped. I get pumped to remember and to ponder who exactly Jesus is to me; and what I want that to look like to those around me.
posted by Erica @ 2:48 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:06 p.m., Blogger Dana said…

    the sun is out my friend! and I'm excited at what God is going to grow! (I know so very cheesy, but I just had to follow the sun theme :) ) thanks for the lunch!

     
  • At 12:25 a.m., Blogger betty said…

    Erica..your blog is beautiful and i love it...hey...i hope you don't have any ugly pictures of my in digital format....because i found some more from our interesting adventures together!

     
  • At 12:49 a.m., Blogger betty said…

    ok...so if I'm honest, i have been calling you all weekend, and no response so automatically i felt need to provoke your anger to get you to call...hmm enjoy...: )

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER