El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
A little adventure...
Headed off to Waskesiu this weekend for a little camping-ski.... wish we had a camera to document the adventures... but alas, it seems Tim & I are destined to never have photos of us together. I think from our ENTIRE dating career, we managed to have 4 or 5 candid photos (that is over a 3 year period people!!!). Anyway... you'll have to listent to me ramble - sorry?

Sunday saw us pack up the Jeep; camp had ended on Friday and we needed to get away. So to Waskesiu we went. Now anyone who knows Waskesiu knows it is GORGEOUS.... and this adventure was no different. Spot P2 is very nice in the Beaver Glen campsite if you need a good one...

Started off the time there by attempting to make friends with the squirrel that hung around our campsite. Tim was NOT impressed to hear that in my attempt to be friends I may or may not have fed it pie. I'm not sure if it was because of the pie factor or the rodent factor that set him off. Needless to say - I got in trouble.

Set up the tent (new - got it for the wedding. Must say, it was HUGE... very nice), made some dinner, hung out a while... time for bed. OK people - air bed in a cold, almost autumn setting = very, very bad idea. I have never been so cold while trying to sleep ever.

Woke up Monday and things are OK... make food, explore the town (with a bazillion ELK chilling out in the main part - weird...) go on a hike... that was nice... time for bed. Starts spitting just before we go to bed, and then gradually starts a bit heavier. Cue 10 PM. Erica finally speaks up with the beautiful line: "Wanna pack up and go home?" At this point in time, I have been freeeezing all day, am now facing the prospect of freezing all night long, listening to the rain getting louder and lounder on teh tent and am altogether not ready for another bad night of sleep.... so we did it. Packed up (literally rolled up the tent and through it in the jeep... and jetted for home.

Bad news - we were on the tail end of our gas. So we call this Race Trac gas thing and the guy will (from the Tavern) come around and fill us up... get there, power is out. Something is not working. We are 100KM from gas... things are lookin bleak. Amidst a shower of both rain and curses on the part of our new friend... we manage to figure out the problem, gas up and head for home.

Arriving at about 2 in the morning... we are home.

I really do love camping. I do... perhaps this time was not the best example.
posted by Erica @ 9:51 a.m.  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:40 p.m., Blogger Breanne said…

    Erica!! i honestly love readin your blog!!! maybe because I love you! anyway thanks for sharing your adventures of life with us!!

     
  • At 4:03 p.m., Blogger Chris said…

    Hilarious... though maybe not at the time... we seem to have similar experiences... I have made a mental note to buy a QUEEN size mattress next time - not a double!!... yikes, I know. I am looking forward to when you have a camera too... :) Check out my blog for our last camping saga.

     
  • At 7:51 a.m., Blogger Amber said…

    It's a good thing you were able to fill the tank up.... that's how scary movies start!

     
  • At 11:49 a.m., Blogger Trev and Rebekah said…

    Sounds like you had an adventure!

     
  • At 5:59 p.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    Hey Erica! So sorry to hear that your camping trip didn't turn out as some other camping trips have... I haven't been camping in forever! I LOVE CAMPING!!! (I just had to put that out there...)

     
  • At 2:41 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    Oh my sweet, wonderful Scamma... you always bring a BIG smile to my face! I love the story of your camping adventure. No worries... I still think you're a trooper :)
    Hope you guys are doing well...I've been thinking about you lately.
    Love ya.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER