El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
1 hour & 10 min...
Late. My partner in crime is late, and so I shall write. Things are wrapping up so quickly here at Bethany. Three days ago I couldn't wait to get outta this joint, and there are still aspects of me that are ready to move on. But last night, as I was packing up my room and sorting through things, I felt shocked at the sadness that suddenly came upon me. I think a part of it was realizing I am afraid of not being remembered; what if I leave here and the people I love from this place never think of me again? And, it's like these days signify the end of a lot of things for me, the end of an era, the end of studying, the end of a time of my life. It's weird and I am not sure yet how I will end up processing it all. I am excited to get started on this next phase of life as much as it means that this one is changing/ending. To those who read this who have been a part of my Bethany experience, thanks for some truly wonderful years... I wonder what is next?
posted by Erica @ 6:15 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Nick Boschman said…

    Don't you worry, you surely won't be forgotten at this place, remember you have 5 groups of people who have schooled with you!

     
  • At 2:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Scams,
    You are unforgettable, that's what you are. Unforgettable, though near or far...ah, nat king cole. You have been a catalyst for change in many people's lives, so there are many who cannot forget you. I found a good Nouwen book yesterday- "The Inner Voice of Love"- I can't read Nouwen without thinking of you. It's true. Well, blessings as you continue on your journey. Much love, Rachel

     
  • At 10:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there, my queridisima amiga! I'm finally reconnected with the world out there- Trev brought me a brand new computer from S'toon! It's got a big screen with "large print" letters (I take offense to that- my eyesight is still just fine!!!)Anyways, Kenia loves it for SIMS- good graphics!
    I just read all your blogs from the last month. Your transparency has no doubt brought tears to some and ire to others (sounds like you ruffled a few feathers- hee hee!)
    And now you have already moved on from Bethany! Ayy!Nostalgia! You will be a light and salt at Red Lobster (my favorite rest. in S'toon!). Plan with the Spirit's wisdom for your Appleby Dr. community- I am praying for you!
    WHen ya coming south???
    And to Rachel (if you look at this) I just started reading the Inner Voice of Love! I love all of Nouwen's books!
    Love Joan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER