El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, April 06, 2006
SuperStore
So. I got a job. At SuperStore. How do I feel about this? Well, sometimes a bit embarrassed, cuz it's like I'm getting this degree, and going to work at SuperStore. BUT - this is my purpose in life right now! I am incredibly pumped about serving those who are having crappy days. I feel like it has been so long since I have been involved with the "real world" (I know, I know... Bethany is real... but let's be honest - no it's not) and so I am incredibly pumped to deal with people who will swear, drink, sleep around - all so that I can be a bit of a light again. I miss talking about God to someone who's never heard of His love or with people who don't get that I am happy without a lot of money, or that I'm happy working at SuperStore so that I can work on the side with refugees... I want to look people in the eye and ask em how their day is going, and I want to go home tired at the end of a shift from standing on my feet for too long.

By the way; Liz introduced me to some new music: go to carybrothers.com seriously amazing... his lyrics make me cry at this point in my life. But so good too.

Read down further if you want to see some more of my writing, it's getting buried, but it's there. I posted a new untitled poem. Kind of a personal-er one, but give er a go... lemme know what you all think.
posted by Erica @ 7:21 a.m.  
6 Comments:
  • At 3:05 p.m., Blogger Amber said…

    I am quite pumped for you tambien! Much love, and be home when I call you!
    Amber

     
  • At 8:03 p.m., Blogger Nick Boschman said…

    Good work on the employment...it seems you have very low standards for Superstore shoppers tho.

     
  • At 8:57 a.m., Blogger Erica said…

    Hold on hold on... it's not that I think ALLLL Superstore customers are going to be grumpy and having crappy days... wherever you work in the service industry there will be people having rougher days. BUT I AM working the Customer service desk... selling cigarettes and handling refunds. People who are returning stuff generally aren't the happiest of all people??

     
  • At 6:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erica,
    Every ESL student I've talked to shops at Superstore. This is another part of cross-cultural ministry. You'll be challenged and blessed in many different ways.

     
  • At 6:51 p.m., Blogger nicole said…

    hey you, i'm happy that you have a job and people to live with and are excited for life after bethany. even when volunteering customers are not always a delight but lessons are learned. i'm excited for you, love you and miss you.

     
  • At 3:43 p.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    Gracias a Dios por tu trabajo. Si!! trabajar en eso no es facil, pero es una linda oportunidad de ser LUZ para otras personas.
    Un abrazo.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER