El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Bogota - Part II
Ok, so these days I feel like I am in my first week of being in Colombia again. It has been kind of weird actually. I walk around, doing my thing, and wonder inside if people can see that I am a different person today from last week. I started work yesterday and absolutely loved it! It was so weird to hear so many expletives and to be working in a bar, but really quite wonderful all at the same time.

I kind of felt like I was back home and that dad should be under a truck somewhere, with his usual stream of words that Bethany kids would die if they ever heard coming out from under the particular vehicle of choice. Alas, I was not surrounded by oil bins, tools, garbage and the weird assortment of shop stuff... instead it was liquor.

It was interesting that my trainers first words to me were (literally), "I hope you drink..." a little bit frightening actually. I was thinking to myself, "How do I get outta this one...?" Alas, it wasn't too difficult, small sips, pour down the sink before they see, all is well. Apparently my trainer tonight won't be so lenient - so this job could take a little bit of finesse on my part. Once I am trained, it's not such a big deal - it's the training where they expect you to know the product. Don't worry friends, esteemed Bethany people who desire me to be a decent, God-fearing Christian: I am not started on the road to sin and debauchery; all will be well.

That said, I am pumped to be living life. I have moments where I am really lonely and usually I have to get out of the house to beat them; but I am getting to know Saskatoon in a new way, and for the most part I am loving it. It is a little sad that I am alone; but usually these are the times when I learn the most about my character and God's character, so ultimately, I am OK with it. Besides which, jogs by the river can't possibly be a bad thing: dang I am a lucky person to be living this life!
posted by Erica @ 11:26 a.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hye

     
  • At 1:31 a.m., Blogger betty said…

    haha i hope you debach (root word debachery) yourself sick...: ) hahaha

     
  • At 3:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER