El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, March 31, 2005
My Feet Are Cold Today.
"Why?" Is the question you might be asking - "Why would Erica put that as the title of this blog?" Well... in response to your very appropriate question - the answer is because I would like to address the idea that some people think Bogota is an oven. My friends, this is not so. I can see my breathe in the mornings while I am waiting for my bus (at 5:50AM I would like to point out - Colleen Ruten, eat your heart out!) - sure in the mid day (from 11 to 1ish) it may feel like an oven, and the sun can roast you in 10 minutes flat (perhaps this is just a me thing?)- but this beautiful stiffling heat only lasts for that long, and is usually followed by a chilly downpour. My feet are cold today, because today I decided to be comfortable and wear my flip flops (Spring is in the air Ruth!) to school instead of the normal (uncomfortable) shoe shoes I wear. Bad idea. My toes are blue - which I am kind of ok with, because it masks the flourescent glow that they would otherwise be giving off! These last few days, I have been busy here at ECA teaching the innocent little children - I have gone home everyday tired, but pumped because I love what I am doing! I also had a meeting two nights ago with Andrew, the "stand-in" director of an English Academy here in Bogota - I will be helping out there 2 nights a week with teaching English: and it is really cool b/c they also do a LOT of evangelism through the institute; we had a phenomenal talk about living the life and being the light that Christ calls us to - it pumps me up that they actively want to share Christ in a sensitive - Spirit way... BOOYAH. Life continues on... I got to talk on the phone last night with the one and only Sabrina Swereda... my fellow South American visiting friend... and was again reminded of how beautiful it is to encourage one another: dang, I was BLESSED!
posted by Erica @ 5:08 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi erica, its great that oyu have set up this website for us. I don't understand why you don't receive more comments on your site? you definately pour out yourself for us. i just don't get it you know. cause I know that people check oyur blog you know and I know that they like to click on the comments link and read other peoples comments, but they just don't leave one themselves. You know what it is maybe they just don't know how much of an encouragement comments on your blog can be. If they only knew that seeing that someone took the time to leave a one sentence note can be a very uplifting thing to remind us that other care and are thing of us. I wish more people would comment on my blog, you know? At least then i woul dknow there was a point to having it. ok so that was mu rant and mu encouragement to you and encouragement to other to comment.

     
  • At 4:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok what's the deal I comment and it still shows 0 comments. maybe this will fix it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER