El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, July 25, 2005
Back in Bogotá
Hey all - MIJUCO dos mil cinco is finished! I give PRAISE to the Father for His continual support and faithfulness through every minute of the 5 weeks I was in the program... Thank you all for your prayers! I don't want to bore anyone with the heinous stories I have to tell, so I will be posting a story a day for the next week, so if you want to hear about my crazzzzzy adventures - check in as much as you want.

PARTE I - THE ATTACK OF THE HEINOUS DOGS

So... we arrived to the farm in Chinauta where we would be spending the next 15 days in training - with teachers coming from Bogotá... with absolute awe and excitedness for our upcoming time. The 2 hour drive to the farm through the amazing mountains of Colombia had been nothing short of spectacular, and the awe effect was only amplified as the gates to the finca swung open and we were faced with PARADISE. Palm trees, flowers, mango trees, and green green grass surrounded the pristine pool and soccer field - the place we were to hold sessions was a open air type salon thing situated in the middle of the farm... we were stunned into thinking the next 2 weeks were gonna be tight. The first night we were on the farm, pretty much all of us were pumped to go stargazing and I possibly the most out of anyone - and so I took off wandering the farm by myself with my beautiful black Bethany College hoodie to keep away the chill. You know, the best part about Colombia is that everyone has a dog... and sometimes more than one... and sometimes the dogs are really, really, really big - especially in cases where the dogs have to gaurd a finca in the Colombian countryside. So picture this, here I am walking around the farm in the dark, with my dark clothing and the farms gaurd dogs think I am someone coming to rob the farm and so in the dark of the night I hear deep deep barking and see these two MASSIVE dogs streaking towards me and I think "no no I'll just try and pet them and everything will be fine... they must know I am just innocent stargazing Erica..." HA! I've never felt fear like this is my life. The dogs started growling really scarily, jumping up on me (and their heads when they jumped up on me were higher than mine....) biting me and growling at me. So crapping my pants I calmly walked away dragging these dogs on my arms until there was some light - and they finally let go of me and starting having the scariest dog fight between themselves of my life. I wasn't hurt too badly - but seriously I have this fear of dogs now. In the moment it was really scary but now I think back and can kind of laugh at how dumb I was to be walking in the dark in dark clothing on the farm in the first place... Have I mentioned I really don't like dogs? Welcome to missions training 101.
posted by Erica @ 9:56 a.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:49 a.m., Blogger Sabrina said…

    Erica, you're back. That's exciting. I've missed your blogs and am pumped to hear your stories of God's faithfulness. Good woman. Looking very forward to seeing you, and catching up in SK. Blessings as you process the last 5 weeks, and finish your time in Colombia. I too am not a fan of dogs, or animals for that matter. I prefer people. Like you! Love ya lots...
    Sabrina

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER