El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Saturday, May 28, 2005
Peru
Hi all... I am writing this from Trujillo, Peru. If there is one thing i could say it is that it is crrazzzy weird to be here without 33 other people. arrivin into lima the other night without my bethany friends was weird... especially to be greeted by jose once again by jose, who still looks very much like jose. go figure eh... the shift key on this keyboard seems to not be working so sorry bout the brutal lack of punctuation. the english teacher in me is having difficulties coping with that one. alas... yesterday i went to see about getting another visa while in lima, and it turns out that in order to get one, i would have to pay a 155 american dollar fee - which would not even gauruntee the visa, followed by an interview anywhere from 2 to 5 business days afterward - with approval of the visa pending on the fact that all of my papers were approved. as one of them isn't translated into spanish, the nice man at the counter wasn't too optimistic about my chances, and i was advised by jose and my friend alicia not to waste the money and try another tact in bogota or maybe ecuador or something. so, the saga with my visa continues. i don't really know what to pray for or what to ask for anymore... so i am trying hard not to let the worries pollute my brain right now - i woudl rather focus on this trip, enjoying my time with dennis and betty ... and WOW was it ever WEIRD this morning to pull up into trujillo and see those two waiting, i still feel like i shoudl wake up at any moment... and being with my friend erin. shoot, GOD is good to me - and i praise him that i can be here and spend some amazing time with two of my best friends.
posted by Erica @ 1:46 p.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:47 p.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    Hi erica!!!

    Don`t worry about the visa, I`m sure God is going to do anything when you come back.

    Enjoy Peru!!!! Saludos y abrazos para ti y mis amigos Peruanos.

    Ohh, my mom miss you to much.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER