El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, May 05, 2005
I am my own worst Fear!
Had my first Spanish lesson on Wednesday. "offical" lesson that is. Definitely faced myself in a Spanish teacher. I know now how my poor, poor students feel when they face off with the Erica-nator. I am brutally cruel. Basically, I am the type of teacher who is fairly hard on students - no Spanish in my classes unless absolutely necessary, homework to keep em up on their English, etc... WELL! My Spanish teacher is exaclty the same... I felt like I was facing off to a firing squad - I am pretty sure I haven't ever been so self conscious about ATTEMPTING Spanish in my entire life. Oh wait, that's not true - the other day in the photo shop the ladies most definitely were making fun of me in Spanish and laughing at me... hard to talk when you feel like crawling into a hole and dying because you can't speak the same language - sucks doubly that I could understand what they were saying. Although - I did find some satisfaction in talking to them and correcting them that I am NOT from the States, and am indeed from Canada, and watching them get embarrassed. Haha. Serves em right. Call me a gringa again. Anyway - what can you do about it? Life is good otherwise... got a busy weekend ahead of me. Took tomorrow off from ECA to work with Paula, Leidy (and Tomas?) on MIJUCO stuff... pumped about that... and we're going bowling after! Wooowooooo.... bowling in Spanish. Should be interesting. Then Youth Group as usual at Dios es Amor, and church on Sunday... may not seem like much, but always turns out to be more than you think.
posted by Erica @ 4:20 p.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Scams,
    I miss you. Right now I have a billion things to say. Yet...nothing at all. But, I do want to say that I love and miss you. Rachel

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER