El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, April 14, 2005
La Candelaria - Part II... The Return of Paula
Yes yes... it is true - Paula has returned from Ecuador! The leadership training that Tomas, Monica (Tomas´wife) and Paula had was phenomenal from all accounts, and they are all happy to be home. Having her leave the day after I arrived was not something I had looked forward to, but I now know was necessary - my Spanish has been forced to come along, I have had to develop a sense of independence, and I have had the opportunity to really connect with some other friends here. However, now that she is home, I thoroughly enjoy talking with her about life, Colombia and her coming departure to Canada in August. I am very excited for her - she is doing the MCC exchange program - but I am also envious of her... my beloved Canada!

Now... last night, we went (Paula, Tomas, Monica and I) with some Brazilian pastors that are visiting with Paula and Tomas to La Candelaria... for my second time. I was really really debating not going because I was dead tired from work at ECA, but in the end, I decided to go. And man... am I ever glad I did. I got to see the most beautiful part of the city at night - walking through streets made as wide as for one horse, seeing Montserati and Guadalupe (two Catholic churches) up on the mountains all lit up, hearing music coming from strange little restaurants, bitterly observing couples strolling, vendors selling their assortments of goods from wheel-able carts... it started to rain just a tiny bit - which made it the perfect temperature for walking up the steep streets and dodging crazy taxis and buses. On the way home on the bus, a man was playing music with his flute, and the breeze from an open window kept us cool - and I had a realization. I really loved my night... the eccentricity of this city is starting to work its magic, because last night for the first time, I really loved Colombia.

PRAYER: For Paula and Tomas' rest and re-energization (is that even a word?) For my rest - my schedule here at ECA is wiping me out, and I think I am getting sick. PRAISE because next week I go back to 3 days a week here at the school, and 2 with Paula y Tomas.
posted by Erica @ 8:05 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there erica
    i see you enjoyed your day there in bogota and i wish i was there for a couple of days but you will be in my prayers and many others to come.

     
  • At 5:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Erica,
    We miss you around this place...it's not the same with you not stopping by to perch on my stool for a few minutes each day. It's great to hear how things are going for you (and felt honoured I warranted mention in your comment about early mornings...!) I think of you and pray for you often. God's blessing to you.
    Crouton

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER