El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, April 25, 2005
One of those Solid Weeks
This last week has gone by really fast... and really phenomenally! Teaching at ECA just three days a week truly, truly, truly is the best decision I think I have made in a long time. Getting up at 5 am and enduring a 12 hour schedule per day is just not the way to live - especially since I was trying to learn Spanish after a grueling 12 hours of trying to cram English into kids heads...! Now, I am free on Mondays and Wednesdays to help Paula y Tomas with MIJUCO, do errands, and I am teaching a 2 hour class in the evenings to adults at English World. I really enjoy my time at English World because I am teaching English to a lot of people who are in ministry, or who want to learn English so they can go to other countries for ministry, or to people who are just very interesting and wonderful! I have made a LOT of connections with various people that I hope I can help or team up with in the fall when Paula goes to Canada. Paula's upcoming trip is one that causes me both envy and excitement - today I had to go to the Canadian embassy and register (bout time I did that eh? After two months... aiy Erica... what to do with myself...!) and even breathing in there, I felt like somehow it was Canadian air. There is nothing like being away from one's home to bring out the patriotism. The youth and I at Dios es Amor iglesia have decided that Colombia is the reigning country in South America, and Canada wins the prize for North America - I figure it's an ok compromise. Being with Paula of late has been so wonderful! The last couple nights we have sat around talking, and I gotta say - she is a very wise woman that I am excited to learn from. We have talked about MIJUCO a lot and about the people we hope will apply and those we need to pray will apply - I am so so very excited! I would ask you all to pray because we are currently looking for a place to hold the 2 week training period - there is one option available: it is a farm outside of the city that we would LOVE to be able to use. The problem with this is that we do not have enough money to rent both the farm and pay for speakers to come out - but we are waiting in faithful anticipation of what God is going to do.

All in all - everything is well. I am learning to listen to God about what HE wants for me, vs what I would do on my own strength and ability.

This morning I went to DAS (visa stuff) and got a one month extension on my visa - I am good to June 8, but at the end of May (25th ish...) will be going to Peru for a week to visit my friends Dennis and Betty. I am looking forward to not only seeing two of my best friends, but to helping them and hopefully taking in some warm Peruvian weather. Today in Bogota I have a cold, and am wearing a SCARF! Ridiculous.

- PRAY PRAY PRAY that there is a weird source of generosity and providence. Paula and I believe that this is the place for us, and we are waiting on God to do His thing!
- PRAY that those God is speaking to about the program would be obedient in signing up!
- PRAY for a prepared way in Peru - I NEED to get a different visa while I am there, as the route I am going now will only allow me 6 months maximum stay in Colombia - this would make me have to leave September 8 - I need a visa through to November 16. PRAY PRAY PRAY!
posted by Erica @ 1:21 p.m.  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER