El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Normal - normal - normal
Welp, I usually write with some really cool thing that I have been up to, but this last week has been quite normal. I like it - don't get me wrong - but I still wish I had something cool to write. The other night, I taught at "English World" for the first time... and I really, really enjoyed it. I had to have an initial worry b/c I was told I was teaching an advanced class (just because I speak English does not mean I know grammar!) but was pumped to realize that advanced really isn't all that advanced... and what is more, from the textbook I am learning a LOT about English! Someday I will explain to you all the actual difference between must, can't, might, and should - there is an actual definition for when to use each! Who knew!?? Took the bus alone for the first time on Monday as well - that was an exhilirating experience! I was sitting on the bus freaking out that I was on the wrong one, or that someone would try to talk to me, or that I would miss my stop... but as I got off the bus and everything was fine I definitely felt this dorky independant satisfied feeling - tonight I am doing it again, and I am actually excited. Who, pray tell, gets excited about riding a bus alone? My word. OH YEAH! I just have to say that on Saturday I also played soccer after youth group - and made the most unbelievable FLUKE goal of my life. At first, the guys were like, oh yeah... you like soccer, sure you can play... but after that goal I think I won them over - I can not believe I made this goal : it was from half, I kind of pivoted the ball to the outside, and nailed it into the left top corner. Unbelievably lucky... ohhhh how I love thee futbol.
posted by Erica @ 10:02 a.m.  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like getting comments so I decided to write one to you in hopes that you like them as well! I am glad your friend is back! Have a wonderful day my friend!
    Amber

     
  • At 3:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Erica,
    You make me smile. I understand about the whole bus thing except that I get excited like that about riding the bus alone in Canada! Oh well...eeeeeek! I have a long way to go before I try travelling overseas! God is at work though. I wish I could have seen that goal! I love you lots, Rachel J.Î

     
  • At 10:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erica!
    Sometimes all I want ot do is talk to you, and then you call and alas I am not home. but it is my goal to call you next week, ok. I was reading some of your last post's and I have totally seen that movie Maria Full of Grace, it was in the Broadway theater in fall. It's crazy hey. I'm so proud of you over there and I really love how you are a beautiful writer that can describe your surroundings and all that so well. I love you dearly my darling!
    love,
    dana

     
  • At 8:23 p.m., Blogger Marla Faith said…

    Scams, I LOVE reading your blog and seeing what God is doing in your life. Keep trusting Him!!!! And in case you haven't heard...I am GOING TO PERU in September!! I don't know many details yet....check my blog for updates. God is good...keep truckin' girl! Love, Marla

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER