El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Dying at the hands of Mexican Hot Sauce!
Paula and I went out for Mexican food yesterday - it was a holiday here, so I had no work - and I tried out this sauce stuff. I should've known to be careful because Paula didn't know what the name was in Spanish... alas, I tried it anyway. How could anyone enjoy burning their face off for the sake of food? Not me - that is for dang sure. Anyway, life has been good - bowling in Spanish was a fun time, even if I lost by ridiculous amounts... I did however enjoy people watching - one couple was particularily interesting: you know how you see those overly macho male types trying to impress a girl who is obviously on a first or second date? Yep - definitely had fun laughing at a couple in a lane Marisol and I were watchign while waiting for our lane. All I wanted to tell the poor guy in the far too tight t-shirt was to lighten up: it's bowling. What, pray tell, is studly about bowling? Life otherwise is really good - into my last 2 weeks at ECA. The 20th will be my last day. Then I am off to Peru on May 26 for 10 days... then MIJUCO starts on June 15. Paula leaves for Canada August 1 (ish) - life is speeding up, and I am excited to see what all God brings my way!
posted by Erica @ 9:29 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Scams
    So I just found your blog address and thought I would cheeck up on what you have been doing. Sounds like you have been having quite the adventures. I enjoy how you write it often made me laugh and think of you. Wedding planns are coming along and I have been working at DQ. Its an OK job :(
    I should go but blessings on your ministry there.
    Mel

     
  • At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Amber said…

    hey Scams! I enjoyed chatting it up with you the other day! Hope we can do it again sometime! Blessing sista!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER