El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Weird , or should I say "different?" Hot Dogs.
Hipe - so I feel like it has been a long time since I have written, I guess it's cuz life feels so strange right now. Why? I don't know. Maybe because I am going to Peru in TWO DAYS!!!! Holy toledo I am pumped to get to be with two of my best friends in the entire (literally) world! Dennis and Betty - oh yeah! I also get to visit a friend in Piura named Erin, I went through school (grades 7 - 11) with her, and it's been a good year or two since we've been in the hick village of Valleyview, attempting to climb on top of Hillside High School because there is nothing else to do. Booyah Hickview - ahhhh the memories of a rebel-filled adolescence. Not that I wish I could take back some of those years in Valleyview, but I wish I could take them back. But I guess we learn from our mistakes. At any rate, I am very excited to see Erin and reminisce about the ole days... Crazy to go from Valleyview to Peru with someone. These last days here in Bogota have been cool - we've had some much needed and loved sunshine, and I have had some good times - riding the bus sola, I finished at ECA on Friday, bought my first CD in Spanish, and the other day... went for hot dogs with a bunch of the youth from Dios Es Amor for Gina's birthday. They were strange I gotta say - but somehow very tasty. Some of you will remember the hamburgers in Peru... well, this was kinda a hot dog with all the stuff the hamburger had: crispy little fry things, salsa rosada, salsa de piña (I think??? It was yellow, and usually that is this pineapple stuff...), lettuce, onions, cheeze, etc... I liked it, but the whole time was thinking, "well this is interesting..." Perro Caliente, Colombian style! Will the experiences never end? I hope not.

PRAYER REQUESTS:
- MIJUCO begins in 22 days (I think, more or less) - pray that everything would come together, that final prep's would be smooth, and that participants would commit to the program, etc...
- For my visa situation. I am going to peru primarily to apply for a different visa - pray that God's will would be made clear.
- For my travels in Peru, much time will be spent on buses alone so that all of those arrangements and travels could be smooth would be awesome!
- For Paula, that she wouldn't be too lonely y triste sin mi =)
posted by Erica @ 10:21 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah...Erica...off to see more of South America - have good times... hug Bettina for me...and enjoy the adventure. Thanks for letting us people back home get a real, honest glimpse into your time in Colombia - I for sure am encouraged by your story of faithful obedience. Blessings as you continue to serve!! Love ya.
    -Sabrina

     
  • At 4:23 p.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    Erica estare feliz de que te vayas, no triste. je je je.

    No mentiras, te extrañare

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER