El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, June 02, 2005
Chifles, Moto Taxis, White White Skin!
These last few days have been AMAZING! Yesterday before leaving a BLESSED time of fellowship with Dennis and Betty in Trujillo I went to the Huanchaco beach with them and had a fun, fun day of playing in the sun and water with my buds... I was mocked for my whiteness - but at this stage in life I have come to accept that mockery as the norm. I am now my other normal shade of skin - pink. Today I am in Piura with my friend Erin, so far all of the travels have gone seriously smoothly, and I am incredibly BLESSED by this time here. We have just finished enjoying a snack of watermelon and chifles - oh my word, so very good! This afternoon we cruised around Piura in moto taxis trying to find a ticket to Lima for tomorrow night - luckily we were able to find one at a suitable time and price, but it took us awhile, so I was relieved when we finally got one. This time so far in Peru has been an INCREDIBLY needed time of rest and relaxation, along with a time of INTENSE spiritual renewal. The talks I had with Dennis and Betty especially have me very excited to go back to Colombia and serve out the time that I can have there with the passion that I once felt at the prospect. I didn't realize how much I truly love that country until I came here... not that I don't like Peru as well... but that I know that Colombia is home for the time being. I am pumped to return to my Colombian family and visit with my little Aurora (Paula's mom)... but I am also encouraged by this time here that I have learned a bit of a new-found sense of independence, feel phenomenal about the whole Spanish thing, and too have realized a lesson God has for me through this whole experience. I will write more about these realizations when I am home and have time to fully process... but for now, thank you all for your prayers - God has used this time here for His tight work! I return to Colombia on Sunday, June 5 so look for an update shortly after!

Theme verse for life right now:
Mark 12:44 - "They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."
posted by Erica @ 3:35 p.m.  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER