El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Adventures in being a Cell Phone Owner!
Dana and I have officially launched out into the world of being cell phone owners. Let me tell you people; we are stoked. There's nothing like chillaxin on the couch and trying to figure out how to upload a picture of whoever it is that is calling me onto their name... so much fun! If you call me, not only do I see your name/number, but also your picture! I love my phone! I decided to share the excitment of our phone buying process by posting this picture for you all: just click the question mark:

Hmmm... on to other news of today! Tonight me, Sarah Jane, Amy and Shannon went canoeing. Yes, it is true... I am officially a member of the Saskatoon Canoeing Club where I may go canoeing at any given time that I like. I am extremely pumped about this because I love canoeing... since my days with dear Caitlin FRY-ZEN, teaching canoeing to the children at Redberry for 6 weeks in the summer of '01 I have missed a good paddle out on the water. Oh FRY-ZEN... if you ever read this, and ever come to visit we are so going canoeing! Portage anyone? I'm also extremely interested in some of the organized trips that you can go on... I'm thinking the PA trip in October is a most likely event I'll get in on... they have a La Ronge trip in August that I would kill to go on, but I'm sure the price in the end would just be tooooo much! Ah money - how I despise thee!
Next little tidbit of news; I have accepted a position at Bethany starting this next month. Yes, yes... the lifer returns for one more go-around. However - this time I will be in the position of Youth Advance Co-Chair with Lisa Braun. I'm pretty pumped about this... nervous already as the size of the task ahead seems a bit much, but the excitement beats any nerves I might feel.
Alas, a day that started out kinda gross and moody has turned out to be quite swell in the end... mellowin out on the river with my friends was just what I needed and I rest tonight with the knowledge that sometimes it works out in the end. If anyone in the area is up for a trip up the river, you just let me know, cuz I can take friends along sometimes... seriously sweet deal friends!
posted by Erica @ 10:06 p.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:19 a.m., Blogger Chris H said…

    Oh Erica... You should have known that you can't escape Bethany once you're there longer than two years. It's like on your second year something like a bungee cord gets tied to your inner being and every so often, it just SNAPS you back to Hepburn!

     
  • At 7:34 a.m., Blogger Karis said…

    Yay! We get to work together at Bethany!! woo wee!

     
  • At 6:36 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    well somehow i just knew you would be back, and when i heard YAC had no chair, i thought of you.

    im glad you are back once again. i love you and miss you lots

     
  • At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Jennine said…

    Hey Girl!

    Congrats on your return to bbi faculty!!!! :)...and cell phones ARE so much fun.... sometimes!?!...especially when you get people with the wrong number calling you in the middle of the night....miss you!

     
  • At 4:07 p.m., Blogger Leah said…

    nice job returning to bethany you lifer. you will do excellent. love you and miss you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER