El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Friday, June 23, 2006
Thoughts of Late!
I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted - time is flying by! I've had several thoughts of late... some deeper than others, however thoughts none the less.

Thought #1: Life is so so very uncertain. I've been discussing some possible future options for employment and the question came up of how long I would be willing to commit. I couldn't answer because I honestly do not know. How weird and uncomfortable a thought : I have NO idea what I am doing with my life. For now, I know I am here, and I am so OK with that because I absolutely adore this life here at Appleby Drive. How I wish daily living could be my full time job... oh the beauty and work that exist here!

Thought #2: Perhaps this isn't a thought to put here... BUT. In being involved within a secular environment with my Red Claw work, I've been pondering how weird it would be to explain to someone that I couldn't see them on a "deeper" level because of my faith. How would that go over? What would they think? How can I help those around me to understand? I went to a house party last weekend, and one of the first things (no no, the very first thing) someone said to me after I walked in was; "Erica, what are you doing here - I thought you were all religious?"

Thought #3: Why do I not have more friends? And how do I go about making them? I am gradually getting to know Red Claw people, but the social aspect there usually involves parties or partying, which I am fine with attending, but which gets difficult when I never get loaded with them all... If I want a larger Christian group of friends, how do I find them? I'm not cool with the whole "singles" nights that go under the name "College and Career" at most of our fine established congregations, so what do I do? Get over it? I don't know people... I just don't know.

Thought #4: I'm hungry, and am too lazy to cook. I'm discovering how very muchly I love love cooking... the other night I made 'Bruschetta and Cheeze stuffed Chicken Breasts' with Jasmine Rice. Let me tell you people; it was dang good. I've been thinking about going to Kelsey to further study cooking... should I or shouldn't I? I don't know... I'm sending in the application though, and because they're accepting students for 2007, I don't have to worry about it for another year.

Thought #5: This is ridiculously long-winded... and so, I shall go now. Thanks for coming out and listening! COMMENT - even just to say 'Hi, I check your blog...'
posted by Erica @ 8:27 p.m.  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Erica,
    I check your blog every day but often feel silly commenting because I have nothing to say. So, here I am.

    Another reason that I have not commented (secret confession on a very public blog) is that I am jealous of you living at Appleby Drive. It's was my baby for one fleeting summer...but I am very happy that you have fallen in love with it. I give up my possessiveness (sillyness) and I am just happy that you are there.

    Well, that is all I have to say about that. (That reminds me of Forrest Gump- he said something like that.) I love you lots. Hug those beautiful children for me.
    Rachel

     
  • At 11:34 p.m., Blogger Janelle said…

    ok, i've totally wanted to try that Bruschetta reciepe - is that the one from the Kraft Magazine? it sounds sooo good!

     
  • At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Leah said…

    hi erica. just one thing to say. you are totally normal. i love you.

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, I read your blog...

    erica i love you, and i also am a regular viewer of your blog.

    i miss you tonnes!

     
  • At 12:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So...about this "cooking" business...you better still like making fabulous dishes when i stroll into town!
    I know what you mean about finding Christian friends. Though, i really LOVE my friends here. And the fact that they aren't Christians, well i love it cause thy're honest. Theres no "i've got it all together" show. But i'll admit, it is hard when when you feel like you can't talk about things. Actually, i'm going to ramble for a moment. I find that it is just that, a FEELING. I always think i can't talk about God issues with my friends. But sometimes, I just want to get it all out so i talk about it with them anyways. And i haven't had a negative response yet! If my friends don't know that i'm Christian and it is a large part of my life by now, well then theres a problem on my part, not a lack of understanding on their side. Maybe they listen cause i'm being honest about what I'm going through and i'm not preaching. Just thoughts...
    Love you Erica!!!!!!
    PS: could you ask Dana if she wants to be my friend this fall for me? thanks!
    hehehehehehe

     
  • At 7:17 p.m., Blogger Sabrina said…

    Hey there...

    I too want friends. I think that my struggle will be finding only "couple" friends. It's dumb how people assume single people all want to hang out, and that couples always want to do stuff together.

    I miss girlfriends. And really, random groupings of friends in general. How to make them? Not sure...if you think of anything, let me know!

    I think that you are a beautiful woman Erica, and I check you blog often. Thanks for the thoughts...love love.

    Sabrina

     
  • At 7:37 a.m., Blogger Karis said…

    Erica, I'll be your friend.

     
  • At 6:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I check your blog.
    Michael Ewert

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER