El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Gertrude!
I'm ready for it to be sunny out; but hopefully the sun will come out on Tuesday and Wednesday when I don't have to be inside a stuffy old boat of a restaurant... I want to BREATHE fresh air and feel the sun on the ole face-ski... Ah people, these last couple days have been really good. The other night Dana, Carly and I went to this fair/carnival thing that is in the Wal-Mart (Confed) parking lot and just had the funnest, funnest time - Dana took a bunch of pics and I took my turn with the camera while Dana and Carly attempted the weird bike challenge thing. That is one trippy bike. I will post some pics when we get them on a CD. Then we came back to the apartments and I got a turn taking some pics of the kids with Dana's sweet-ace camera. I wish I knew how to take better pictures, but I gotta say it was so much fun trying to capture the joy/excitement/craziness of these kids on film... to have a fast finger to capture their laughter, or to know when the solemn, serious pout is about to come - ah, the joys of living here. How I relish in little *Gertrude* sitting on my lap, spitting all over me with her p's, t's, s's... seriously, the girl has a drool problem. I always joke with her about it and she does this very serious, hard effort sucking in of all the spit in her mouth thing - it is so cute. I never thought I'd be OK with having some kids spittle all over me, but you know I just love it. As we settle in more and more it is so cool to get to know the people around us - sometimes when we talk abotu this place to others, they are surprised that we know the woman in 102, or the family down the hall or the Sudanese family downstairs, but seriously, here it just seems so natural... get to know the people around you! The blessings and joy that come from a friendly conversation or a hello in the hallways is awesome. In terms of my last writing, I continue on my quest for me - and I think a piece of that puzzle lies here in Appleby Drive; loving the people around me, oh the adventures!
posted by Erica @ 12:51 p.m.  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER