El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Tonight.
Tonight I went for a walk by the river here in Saskatoon. Today I had some really wonderful talks with a wonderful lady about appreciating life for now and for what it is worth because life is too short to not enjoy it. There is so much beauty in the world around us and I long to have the eyes to see it. This is slowly happening again; and I am so overjoyed when I have days where I feel alive or like I can truly breathe. There is this new song on all the time at the Red Claw that is pretty much my mantra (no I have not converted, just a good expressive word...) The main part of the song is this girl singing "Just Breathe" over and over again. Sometimes as I am in the midst of feeling like I am messing everything up the song will play or sometimes as I am living out my life I hear it in my mind: Just Breathe.

* OK, so I tried to find the song so I could link it to my blog, but I can't find it - Dana tells me to tell you all to "just turn your radio on."
posted by Erica @ 10:14 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:03 a.m., Blogger Chris H said…

    I can't believe I know this, but it's mostly because I was forced to listen to a crap radio station that played this song all the time while working retail. You're looking for "Breathe" by Faith Hill. See?

     
  • At 11:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm...is the song is "Breathe" by Anna Nalick. Yep, the ol' docs office insists on playing "Soft favourites and the most music....without the hardrock".

    As soon as i heard that song, i thought "i bet Erica would like this". Seriously! Hun, i'm putting together a little sumin' sumin' for ya! Just a few treasures i've found this last wee bit.

     
  • At 9:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Eriquita! I can't just turn on my radio as Dana suggests and find the song! All I get is Mariachi! Hey, so you've graduated to serving! Good job. Your "honesty" blog was vulnerable-being honest to/ about other people is a challenge- being honest about yourself with other people is a super challenge. You are doing that more and more!
    God can handle all the rantings and moods that we throw at Him, and we can learn a thing or two from Him if we spend a bit of time listening after the tantrum is over. (that's the "just breathe" part :)
    Con cariƱo,
    Joan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER