El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Tonight I felt like the Sky
Yesterday night the sky was crazy; anyone in the area should know there was a rain/lightning thing going on, and as I drove home from another night at the Red Claw, I felt very expressed by what was happening in the clouds. Yesterday was a good day in general, worked at Stuperstore for 5 hours in the morning and had a lot of time to think/pray while I was there. Then I went to The Claw where a new bartender was being trained, so this is new bartender #2 - a good thing, now I can serve more... but I don't know, something there just set me off into one of my grumpy/annoyed moods and so I didn't really want to talk to anyone and just wanted to get outta there. Breaking an entire case of beer at the end of the night certainly didn't help my mood either, and so as I drove home, looking up at the sky as I so often do, I felt almost revealed by it. There were some very clear patches, a nice light blue with fluffy fluffy clouds and I felt like that part represents the part of me that often feels calm, or "Just Breathe"... but then there were really really dark parts, and I felt like that was the part of me that I saw last night, that would shut the world out to lick my wounds alone, the lightning felt like the flashes I get of goodness in the midst of the darkness; knowing God's goodness in different times, feeling a good feeling, recognizing where healing is taking place, being blessed by something Glenda says at work; that kind of thing. The wind was like how I feel I am constantly changing in these days; being blown and pushed to change and go deeper. I can't really express entirely how I felt - sometimes I am so moved by what I see in nature that I become completely overwhelmed by it. Sometimes what I see expresses so much better than words how I feel; like driving across the bridge and seeing the darkness reflected in the river, but all the lights from the city lighting the bridge up as well... something in that moves me deep inside - I wish I could explain what it is to recognize beautiful, but I can't - beautiful just is.
posted by Erica @ 8:25 a.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    im selling my iBook because i need the money... for a new one.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER