El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Tired and Sun burned...
So - all I can hear right now is the sound of the kids outside yelling over and over and over again: "DANA!" "DANA!" "DANA!" I am in the apartment because I get to go to work later... booyeah.

That is as far as I made blogging the other day. Dana and I had the garage sale to raise some money for Kid's Club with all the stuff that people just leave behind (quite sad actually) and managed to rustle up a fair bit of dinero; but let me tell you. After a hot hot hot day in the sun with a bunch of screaming, not wanting to listen children running all over the place we were fried. However, I feel rested and ready to take on the world again - with my extremely burned shoulders that hurt whenever I touch anything and all. Stupid sun - you are my enemy.

On to other life events, I am feeling good today. Dana and I are going to get cell phones this afternoon which I feel should boost my popularity and therefore number of friends tenfold. Afterwards I will go back to work to finish off my split shift for this day. Red Claw goodness - yep, work has been really quite good these days... it helps that the tips this weekend were lucious, but in general I am feeling more like I can handle the serving aspect of it. Initially, I totally thought I couldn't do it. There are still days when I come home exhausted and feeling like a big boob because of stupid mistakes (here's hoping I don't spill an ENTIRE pop on someone again - oh yes, yes I've done it once people!)... yet those days are getting further and further apart. Tip well my friends; tip well - you have no idea how much work your servers really do!

I think I am going canoeing tomorrow. As I've written before I want adventure in my life, nad so whhen SJ called and suggested we actually go canoeing like we've talked about so often, and that I had the night off, I decided to heck with sitting on my couch - I'm going canoeing! Rather pumped.

Sigh. I have nothing deep or thoughtful to say right now, it's all in there, and I've been thinking about how to express the depth of what I have been thinking lately, but I just don't have the words. Certainly I can say that in a nutshell I feel very walled in right now. How to go on to further express that will have to wait. But maybe next time folks! Peace and blessings on you all... here's a funny picture I thought I might share. Ugh, nevermind... Dana - we need a digital camera eh?
posted by Erica @ 2:17 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola mi buena amiga! Well Trev is with MIJUCO right now, probably running laps or something!! Don't you wish you could be there? I do. I miss you and Dana. I will try to write a nice encouraging email soon. Have a joyous attitude toward your day, no matter what transpires.
    Love Joan

     
  • At 11:51 p.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    oh mi Eri. I wish to be with MIJUCO right now too, but i'm here, my time is almost over, but... there is still some time.

    Eri try to enjoy life, i know is hard lots of times, but..... it's life. God has everything on control. Solo confia en El y espera, espera en Fe. Recuerda puesto los ojos en Jesus....... No olvides esto, no retrocedas en nada solo trata de vivir con gozo aun cuando botas la coca cola encima al que estas sirviendo. solo rie y disfruta la vida que nuestro Dios nos ha dado.

    Te quiero mucho y extra;o.

    Say hello to Dana, and felicitaciones por your cell phone.

     
  • At 7:55 a.m., Blogger officehourthoughts said…

    Oh the sun! Peeling like a bat on Hanukuh!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER