El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Friday, September 28, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Why am I going...? This is a question many of you have asked of late.

And now, even though I have not received my formal acceptance, I will tell you all.

In a nutshell... because I love:


...Cooking....




.... and Cutting....



... and really, really, really good food!!!...




.... and because someday I want to be one of these people....



.... and I will do all of this at Holland College (Culinary Institute of Canada)...

HOW EXCITING!

Like I said, my acceptance isn't final - but my old file (in which I was accepted) has been reopened. Pray with us as we enjoy this final year in Saskatchewan before heading out to the East Coast! It's so exciting to think of this adventure ahead of us... and sometimes scary too as I think of the magnitude of what it is we've decided on. Crazy to think this dream of mine is becomign a reality & that I get to do it with my best friend standing with me in support...

GOOD TIMES!
posted by Erica @ 5:38 p.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At 8:53 p.m., Blogger Sheryl said…

    I'm going to come visit, you know, and you're going to have to try all those fancy dishes on me... I'm pretty sure I should be a professional taste tester.. I'm just not sure where to go to school for that :)

     
  • At 6:22 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    I'm definitely VERY excited for you Scamma! And also VERY excited for you to come and visit sometime... and cook for us! I'd love to feast on your culinary masterpieces :)

     
  • At 7:33 p.m., Blogger zachary said…

    Oh my goodness! That is super exciting. I will ahve to come visit, maybe I'll do a tour out that direction once I am home. That would work out real nice. Know that you will both be missed, A LOT.

    Congrats friends :)!

     
  • At 3:21 p.m., Blogger Erica R said…

    When I think of you going to culinary school the question 'why?' never comes into my mind. What comes to mind is 'mmhmm - that fits' I will pray for you Gumpa as you walk out in obedience and courage.

    ps - that is a beautiful looking knife the that picture

     
  • At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Erica R said…

    Just another side note (I am full of those these days) How you make your blog so pretty?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER