El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Saturday, August 12, 2006
The End of a Something...
Red Lobster - "The Claw" - as it were. Yes, it is true. I have relinquished my position within Darden Restaurants Ltd. The time I spent at The Claw was really quite awesome people. I would be lying to say there weren't moments of greatness, tears, frustration and joy. I love love love love love showing the children lobsters, I totally enjoy a bunch of my co-workers; they have come to be quite dear, and more than anything, I love being in the world. There were many aspects I absolutely detested, and often I marvel at the daily trials and tests on my patience, endurance, potty mouth, and other assorted elements of working in the service industry. I have been treated shoddily by both guest and company, but I have also been blessed in blessing others. Am I sad to be leaving? Yes and No. Yes for the people I will leave there, no for what is ahead of me... yes because I worry I am abandoning a part of being in the world, and no because I detest the organization of that restaurant... Ah, my roller coaster heart!

What do I move on to? Welp; hienous good news! I got a job with Global Gathering Place, which is a non-profit organization working with refugees and immigrants here in S'toon. Basically it's my dream job, and when I know more about what exactly I"ll be doing, I'll let you know - I start the 29th!

Other news; life here at Appleby Drive is NUTSSSS lately! Please be praying for both Dana and I, and especially for this community. Dana is running her Chalo groups (refugee short term learning and observance opportunity) for a youth group from Coaldale this week and next week one from Altona, MB... I am speaking out at Bethany Sport Camps for the next two weeks and quite frankly; something weird is in the air around here. These last two nights have been filled with shouting and craziness in the streets and as freaky deaky as it sounds, I wonder what spiritually is going on. Please pray; for the youth groups, for Dana (strength, energy and time to accomplish everything) for me (wisdom, direction, peace) and for the people that live here in our community (refugees, the poor, our managers, the children).

Oh that the joy in my heart and the hope for the future could be stretched to cover all the dreams I hold within me! May you all feel a bit of His peace and rest today. Do something that He would do today; love someone a little deeper, speak a word of kindness, sit by a friend and listen to their heart... may we all continue learning together and becoming more sensitive (in a positive manner!) together.
posted by Erica @ 11:38 p.m.  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erica,

    That is phenomenally exciting. It is my prayer that God would give you words to speak into the lives of the many, many people you encounter at GGP. It is so neat to see how He has given you an opportunity to put your passions to use in a way that can sustain you. Blessings.
    -Sabrina

     
  • At 4:27 p.m., Blogger Denita Dyck said…

    hope you have a great time at bsc. hope to hear about the crayOLA games of 2006.

     
  • At 9:47 a.m., Blogger Amber said…

    Just wanted to say that i am pumped for life for ya sista! See ya soon!

     
  • At 12:09 p.m., Blogger betty said…

    AHHHHAHHAHAH yes please!!!! oh i love you, good good man...and i totally understand the shat about sunday working...because i had to work this last sunday...but yeah...no one would cover it...ugh. Same deal in starbucks with churchies but its all good...because i might have a new job, i'll freaking call if i find out anything before next weekend...
    :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER