El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Update!
So; crazy long time, I know. It's just that life in these days has been rather occupied with some awesome goods! Last week, Amy Dana and I headed off on Vay Kay 06 - and had an amazing (at least in my mind) time... Edmonton and Valleyview were uniquely surprised and pleased by our whirlwind tour of my childhood... I offer the following photos from our journey to amuse and delight...


Dana and Amy and the horse...

Mom and I....

Us after tooooo much driving!

Scratch tickets with my mom at the Esso truck stop - Booyeah!


Aside from Vay Kay 06 goodness, I have been working again... man, was it nice to have a break from the Claw. Don't get me wrong - I so very muchly enjoy everyone that I work with... however, I must say that I am not so pleased with having the whole "my life is ruled by shiftwork" thing going on. More and more, as stuff comes into my life I am feeling confused at how to balance it all - Appleby Drive, work, Dana and intentional community, work... holy toledo days are full and I just don't know how to go about it all.

However, on a different note; can I talk about how cool it is to feel so complete and so good in where I am in life? Shoot. I am blessed - there is no denying God's goodness in my life. His goodness isn't marked by what is good in my life or what I am blessed in, but by the fact that this peace in my belly is deeper than anything I've known in quite some time. Good things come in this life - when it feels like there is no good, my encouragement would be to keep hoping. These last few months have been a time of crying out to Him about the things I haven't been able to understand. While I still can't understand why He works the way He does, I know that I am glad I faced the challenges with an open heart and went before Him with that open heart, those hard questions, and the many tears.

Oh yeah; I forgot! I bought a new car (Err.... I mean, truck - sorry Tim!); here's a pic

Seriously; isn't is HOT!? Genevieve the Jeep say HELLO to the world!

Peace to all out there! Sorry it's been so long, but have no fear - I am not, indeed, dead.
posted by Erica @ 9:13 a.m.  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:50 a.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    Eri!!!!

    Me alegra que hayas ido a visitar tu pueblo, donde pasaste tu niñez, recuerdo cuando estabas planeando eso.
    Todos por aqui te preguntan, todos envian saludos para ti, aqui en Colombia te extrañan muchisimo.


    Entiendo cuando dices que han sido meses muy dificiles, para mi no han sido faciles tampoco, pero se que Dios tiene un plan perfecto, se que sus caminos no son los mios y se que sus pensamientos son de bien. Se que Dios tiene un maravilloso plan de Bien para ti, solo hay que esperar en SU tiempo, mi querida hermana y amiga.

    Te quiero mucho y estamos en contacto, besos

     
  • At 11:49 a.m., Blogger betty said…

    i don't know if we can be friends anymore especially since i missed out on SCRATCH TICKETS!!! ARGGHEHEH@@@@!!! ok...but moving on! lov eyou and check your poncho account i sent an email there...what is your other one becaus eidon't hav eit
    1/4

     
  • At 5:12 p.m., Blogger Dana said…

    Vay Kay 06... good times were had by all! Life is good and blessed hey... thanks for the good reminder...

     
  • At 9:54 a.m., Blogger Leah said…

    hello my mental, nice truck/car thing, glad you had a fun trip. miss you lots and love you even more. Leah

     
  • At 6:43 p.m., Blogger Nick Boschman said…

    so uh Erica, that TRUCK will be a pretty sweet way to go for ice cream runs this year I assume, apparently it didn't do much to bring students back though, 1/4 from that trip according to my calcs...see ya soon yo

     
  • At 7:42 a.m., Blogger Amy Smith said…

    Yeah for Vay Kay 06. I'm already getting plans ready for Vay Kay 07. Time to meet the Nesbitt/Schapp/Forrest family. Sweetness!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER