El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, August 14, 2006
Needing a good vent-o Session!
Anyhoo; today I found myself frustrated with my fellow brothers and sisters... at the Claw, a group of people who had OBVIOUSLY just come from church came in, and one woman in particular treated their server, my friend Fiorella, with particular disdain. Can I express how frustrated I am????? Holy toledo people - do you think you aren't preaching the gospel wherever you go 24/7...??? Let me tell you how it is in the service industry. Quite frankly, everyone I work with hates working Sundays. Hates. It is impossible to get rid of a Sunday shift - no one else will take it. Do you want to know why?

"The churchies" as they call us.

I am so very frustrated right now. Can you imagine if the millions of people who attend church each Sunday all across the globe actually left the pews afterwards and put what they'd heard into action? HONESTLY people; can you imagine the difference we could make on this world??? Am I right to be so frustrated? Probably not; we all have misrepresented our Jesus and the core of the Gospel and God's love many many times; me to be included in that...

However, I do feel as though today was a reminder to myself that I am an example 24/7... I cannot be "Jesus-like" when it suits me, 24/7 He is within me, 24/7 God's love that He has shown me that I might show others is within me. I am soooo far from this, but today was another realization of my desire to change that and to challenge others to do the same.

Rudeness, pissy-ness, and the like have no place in our expressions towards others. "Shine Jesus Shine..." Seriously; consider ourselves confronted - Jesus is here now; what difference has he made in your life? Shouldn't we all be showing that to those who have yet to discover the wealth of love and forgiveness he offers?

PS: Continue reading the next post, as it is very relavent and recent as well; this just needed expression...
posted by Erica @ 12:27 a.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:58 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    surprisingly enough i had a similiar experience at a resturaunt yesterday. my family and i went out after church for lunch and we were seated in proximity to the kitchen and it was amazing the conversations i heard about us "churchies" and how unpolite we are after we have just left the pews of our churches.
    unfortunatly we have a reputation, not one that i am particularly proud of either.

     
  • At 6:58 p.m., Blogger Sabrina said…

    Reading a book that's interesting, called "The Emerging Christian Way". It's by lots of Uniteds/Anglican's etc. That's a sidenote. Anyways, it criticizes the mainstream Christian church for being "requirement/reward" oriented. IE. believe in Jesus=eternity in heaven. It argues that we miss out on the key element of living transformed lives. Talks a lot about the kingdom of God. (Don't agree with lots in the book.) But it, combined with your post, affirms the importance of living lives transformed by Jesus daily...living kingdom here. What does that look like? Certainly not being rude to service people. Thanks for your rant. I like vent-o-sessions. And I like you.

    Sabrina

     
  • At 9:34 p.m., Blogger Janell said…

    Good thoughts there Erica! and i will be praying for you and dana and appleby drive.

     
  • At 9:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, Eriquita. How we, Jesus' followers so often fall short of the life we are called and privileged to live! Thank you for being bold in your exhortation. I'm reminded of a little childhood song, "this little light of mine..."
    Continue to voice your thoughts- we all need to listen.
    Love Joan

     
  • At 10:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika! How interesting to read your post! Not long ago someone who used to work on the service industry told us all about this strange mystery of "churchies" on restaurants after Sundays and how everyone just want to evade them like the plague! Personally I had never heard about such a thing and found it quite interesting. Evidently this was true and experience by others as well, but yeah at the end it just makes one really, really sad! No wonder why people don't want to go to church anymore this days eh? Congratulations on your new job sounds very interesting! I hope it will be fulfilling to you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Dena as well. (((HUGS)))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER