El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Things I Been Thinking Bout....
Welp; I've been at sport camps out at Bethany for this last week... it's been interesting. I was the speaker for the last week, and will be doing the same for next week. it's been really challenging actually. You think it looks so easy and it's really quite easy to criticize a sermon or a session. But then you're up there, and all you want is for your thoughts to somehow make sense to those listening. My repeated prayer has simply been that God can use my words and seriously speak into the minds of those campers, because I feel so inadequate to make it make sense.

Dana and I had a heinous good God talk last night. Two main ideas came out of it: one; hokie pick that we believers would behave in the world what we claim to believe. If we all just lived different lives - imagine the impact we could truly have on this world. And secondly; how minx and amazing is it that God works in our lives; blessing, teaching, loving, BEING. Dang.

Lebanon. Seriously; I was there in 2000 for my Grade 12 soccer finals and everytime I think about the whole Israel-Lebanon thing I wonder if my host family is OK; they were WONDERFUL people!!! I wonder how the streets that I walked in with my friends are still in one piece. I wonder if the words on the front of one of the hotels we saw are still there; "Finally the day will come when they see, we are all one." I wonder. I wonder.

Life is good people. As I've been speaking at camp on this idea of seizing each moment; of living life to the fullest, of going non-stop after Godly attributes I've been challenged in how I live... I honestly desire to live this life. Can you imagine the day it all ends; being able to look back and say, "dang, I'm glad I took that risk, loved that person, praised God for that weird little blessing..."

I enjoy these days. Pray for me as I'm speaking again this next week; I'm nervous, but excited! Praise be. God is good!
posted by Erica @ 7:33 p.m.  
8 Comments:
  • At 3:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hola eri!!!
    estoy con mi mami y vimos las fotos que tienes, ella dice hola y espera que todo este bien.

    Por ahora un abrazo para ti.

    Dios te bendiga

     
  • At 4:56 p.m., Blogger Janell said…

    Erica,
    good words. I'm encouraged by you. over and over. I need to start looking at the positive things in my life. love,
    janell

     
  • At 8:54 a.m., Blogger Denita Dyck said…

    scams,

    wish i was there to listen to you speak. i was excited when lb told me you were going to do that. proud of you.

     
  • At 6:14 a.m., Blogger Myriam said…

    Erica?!! Wow - you are amazing! I admire you so much, speaking at Bethany sport camps?! Truly - I would love to hear you and will totally uplift you in prayer! You are in His arms sweet sister!
    Oh, and thanks for coming to my litle goodbye bash - i know it was a long time ago now, but it was really nice to see you!

     
  • At 10:34 a.m., Blogger Trev and Rebekah said…

    Wow to go with speaking. May God use you.
    On trek we had an amazing speaker from Isreal. He had some prettty cool prophetic things to tell us. I was blown away by this man and often wonder what he thinks of all that is going on over there now.

     
  • At 4:20 p.m., Blogger Edwin, Alejandra y Juanita said…

    hola eri. pues la verdad no lei nada de nada porque estoy bloqueada en ingles y me dio pereza jajaja. pero bueno un saludito desde colombia y un abrazo de mi hija juanita y yo. Espero que nos veamos pronto. a si sea por fotos.

     
  • At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    Ok, so i just have to say once again that your speaking at camp was INTENSELY HOT!! ;) I miss you already Scamma...and so does Jon...probably even more than me cuz he didn't get to see you! Anyway...you're sweet...and we miss you...and you and Dana should definitely come visit....good times!
    Love ya...keep in touch!
    -Bonnie-

     
  • At 1:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How's the new job?!? Been thinking of you lots this week.

    -Sabrina

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER