El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Oh Thursday I Shall!
Hello all. Sop; seriously; the mood swing-age this week has been ridiculous. I know that what I have come to conclude might sound kinda simple... but stick with me.

The rules that Erica NEEDS to abide by in order to stay sane:

#1: Take time to be quiet... and keep the house a sanctuary (just every once in a while, I promise Dana...). Don't be nuts for a few hours each day...

#2: Do the things that remind you of Christ's character...

#3: Don't overdo it... whether that be in being busy or in hanging out with people too much or...

#4: Be honest.

#5: Calm down before doing/saying rash statements.

Yep; I think that's it. Seriously; let's talk about Rule #2. Today was Tea Time at Appleby time... a conversation circle for teh people that live here that we run out of kid's club. Today wasn't going so hot, so I went out to invite people to come. I stopped by our friend Martha's house - her kids are some of our favourites... and she and I visited for about 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes reminded me so intensely much what the character of Christ really is then anything else I've done in these last weeks... Watching Martha play with her son, Tiok, was nothing short of stunning. STUNNING. Martha's joy at being visited and at playing with her son were beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. I am astounded at what being with these people I love does in my heart. It gives me joy, it brings me peace and it makes me realize why I am here on this earth. Truly, I get so much out of living here in Appleby Drive. I wish every day, all day I could just visit these people that I love and help them adjust and work within this life, this foreign society. Shoot dawg.

And so, on Thursday I shall... go and take photos of my beloved Saskatoon with a friend. Why? Because it brings me peace, it gives me joy... in my busyness of late I have forgotten to take the time to do those things; to simply be in moments... I hate how I get to this place where I expect SOOOOOO much out of life and the people around me that I turn miserable. It's retarded. Oh that I could just get past the things that hold me back... I guess my rules should help me out a little; just gotta keep the focus people. Keep the focus!

Amigos en Colombia; les quiero mucho y pienso en ustedes cada dia... a mi familia; Los Reyes alla - no puedo decir tanto que les quiero... gracias por la experiencia tenia con ustedes... gracias que por las meses que estuve en Colombia ustedes fueron mi familia realmente... y gracias porque siento que hasta hoy mismo, todavia estan mi familia!
posted by Erica @ 5:58 p.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mi eri!!! claro que seremos tu familia siempre, recuerda mi hermana adoptada, mis papas te quieren muchisimo como a otra hija mas y te extrañan mucho tambien.

    Espero que todo con tu lista funcione bien, quisas yo necesito hacer una igual.

    Te quiero mucho mi hermanita reyes, cuidate y estamos en contacto

     
  • At 5:30 p.m., Blogger Amber said…

    I love that I can understand this! I shall be in Saskatoon soon, can we be friends?!? Quiero Mucho mi amiga!
    Amber

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER