El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, October 09, 2006
MY TURN!
Okey dokey people... thanks for the comments; I was going to leave that last blog as the top one for awhile longer, but seeing the unmoving 16 comments each day is slowly driving me INSANE!!!! Thanks for all the comments; it's good to get to know the little things about friends. I wish that some of the people who check this blog would leave a comment; even if I don't know them... HINT HINT. For instance; there is this girl in BC who's blog I check on a very regular basis. I'm considering leaving a comment but feel a bit like a stalker or creep of some kind. However, if you feel that way about commenting on mine; don't worry I don't think you're creepy or a stalker. That said; feel free to answer the last post still - OK?

My answers:
1)Arabic - without a doubt... I love MidEastern culture. I've actually taken one Arabic class; it was when I lived in Qatar and to graduate grade 12 I had to have 2 more language credits; so I took Spanish (sweet; cuz it's paid off) and I took Arabic with the middle school kids; so I was a grade 12 student with a bunch of grade 5 and 6 kids... seriously one of my favoritist classes ever!

2)Miami, followed by Guadalajara, Mexico for a week followed by Bogota Colombia for a couple days. Miami so I could see a MANATEE and chillax on the beach in South Beach style (I LOVE MIAMI!!!) then I'd go to Mexico so I could visit Jen and the Godards and perhaps take a couple days to do the beaches... Colombia so I could see my family there. Man I miss those Reyes and all my friends!!

3) PEPSI - Ruler of all things good and tasty!

4) BK: WHOPPER WITH CHEESE, FRIES WITH MAYO, COKE... oh the goodness of this meal. How my hips love thee!

5) Ok; so here we go on the MWS/Global Warming/Africa post: You see, Michael W. Smith is just so dang sexy that his sexiness is steaming up the earth's core temperature which then in turn is melting the ice caps causing fear and panic amongst the nations; but not in Africa where the earth's core temperature rise is having devastating effects on rain production - causing droughts and starvation... all because of Michale W. Smith's sexiness. The nerve. Am I stumbling? Oh yeah... JUST KIDDING!

6) Fave book of la Biblia; Samuel, Habakkuk, 2 Corinthians.
Fave non-ficiton book; Did you know that I can DE-VOUR a 300+ page book in one sitting? Seriously; it's like you put a good book in my hand, and I cannot put it down until it's finished. Throughout my life this has caused MANY MANY MANY sleepless nights. Anyhoo; anything by Kathy Reichs (kinda like CSI-like books but with a forensic-anthropologist twist), Safely Home by Randy Alcorn, anything by Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham, Maeve Binchy has had a FEW good ones... mmmm.... Cane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer... hoo doggy, I could go on and on and on.... OH YEAH: COOKBOOKS!!!!!!

Alright people; my turkey is in the oven, I have potatoes and yams to peel... the pie is setting nicely and I must say; I'm not nearly as panicked about putting on Thanksgiving Dinner as I was at 8 am this morning. Seriously; how does society figure us women can just turn out beautifully roasted turkeys and mountains of smooth, creamy potatoes simply because we're women? Ah well; time to prove my cooking abilities to the man; and 9 other guests. Geez Louise am I nuts or what!?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
posted by Erica @ 2:29 p.m.  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Scamms....are you talking about me? Cuz you know I love to stalk you and I am still planning to comment on that last post...just need an extended period of time to do it! I promise I will :)
    Love ya!

     
  • At 8:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha...i'm MARRIED, and WAY older than you & i still think MWS is so sexy it's crazy.
    p.s. i'm gonna call you in the next few days to discuss the PARTY.

     
  • At 8:56 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    way to go Scams, i am really glad that thanksgiving dinner worked out i wish i could have been there...

    love ya

     
  • At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Paula Reyes said…

    espero que se te de el viajecito
    ejejej seria buenisimo, miami, guadalajara y bogota
    por que no??
    eri tambien te extrañamos mucho no lo olvides. besoss

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER