El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Friday, November 24, 2006
What is out there?
For me. that is indeed the question I am pondering on this particular sleepless night. Who am I to be? What am I to do? Today I translated this "healthy mother, healthy home" thing... a Colombian girl is having her second child (first here in Canada)... and I loved every minute of it. Helping her, being able to calm her nerves and answer her questions... there is no feeling like it in the world. Every opportunity I get to translate for someone only makes me that much more grateful that I struggled with such loneliness and isolation while I was in Colombia. It was worth it to be completely ensconced in the language and to have learned so much... crazy!

Lately I have been loving a new idea regarding refugees here in Saskatoon - whether or not it will come to fruition we'll see. Maybe it's not for me to be a part of - maybe it's for someone who is more into communal living... I don't know. However, the thought is in my heart and it excites me. I have a longing to be with people and to help them... is it in me/my character to do this full time? Or am I too selfish with my view of time and space?

And also I then think about the fact that I have applied to a school on the other side of this country, yet am plagued by this indecision as to whether or not I should finish the application process by sending in my resume. What if I get in? What if I don't? Is my restaurant dream really a plausible idea?

And lastly, why do I view everything with such hope? It's heart wrenching to be disappointed time and again. Particularly when it comes to viewing my short comings. Why am I such an emotional person - sometimes I just want to shout out how I feel or express myself in my over-dramatic way... only to be reminded again that not everyone understands that very expression. The ultimate slamming of oneself into the final wall of guh-ness.

For real lastly... my buddy Chris was kind enough to point out I cheated on that last post and that in fact, because I listed Grey's Anatomy twice, I only listed 99 thing I love about life and living. So. For real now; to make it a true 100...

#100. Trashy Magazines and Hollywood news.

Yes it is true... don't you love that that was my #100? Hehehe... enjoy this weekend folks! Enjoy every moment!
posted by Erica @ 11:48 p.m.  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:56 p.m., Blogger betty said…

    hey love sorry to be anal...but check 78...
    i heart you..: )

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER