El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Monday, November 13, 2006
Thank-You Dan!
So, recently... Saturday morning at approximately 10 AM, I was reminded by my friend Dan King that it was time to update my blog. Thanks Dan... I hadn't realized it had been so long; hope the shout out makes up for my lack of updating... And so, here I am. Updating.

What to say though? Do I take it deep? Do I keep it light? I just don't know. Lately I haven't been feeling too much. Actually; that is a falsehood. I've been feeling too much. So much in fact, that I cried watching the movie Click tonight. I am a weenie.

What exactly are these feeeeeeeelings I speak of? Well; I don't know how to put it exactly. Mostly it's that there is this urge in me to run. Literally, run - as in a jog. But also to run away from the mysteries of my heart... the mysteries of my dreams and hopes... and away from the mysteries of life. I don't want to think, I don't want to feel, I don't want. I want it to be easy. I want things to happen when I want them to. I want, I want, I want.

Secondly (was there a first? I don't know... it's 3 AM... why I am I still awake - dang you Pepsi; dang you and geez lou-eeze why do I cave in to you at midnight when I know this will happen??? GUH!)... man, now after that tyrade I forgot my secondly. Mother!

This post is over... I realize I haven't said a lot. But oh yeah - secondly. I feel like a jerk for wanting so much when others have so little. What does it matter if I have to wait for something I want... I am OK; I have a home, I have friends, I have life... sometimes I drive down 20th or meet with a family who literally has nothing and get so infuriated at the part of me that wants so much. If I could rip out my selfishness and self-centeredness and lose it forever I feel I would be so much a better person.

I miss Colombia these days too.

I miss fresh air and breathing also; I wish to be camping in the mountains right now.

From where comest this feeling of discontent? I talked to these very neat-o pastors awhile ago and they said it was the Lord knocking at my heart asking to be allowed more room to move. Probably is... how do I let go of it all and let him work? I feel so close, yet so far.

I wrote a Shakespearean play about my bed today; it had to do with my love of the oh so comfortableness of it and how my heart sings as I lie swaddled in it's sheets. And on that note, I go to my dear sweet bed... to rest in its beautifulness.
posted by Erica @ 1:06 a.m.  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Erica! Solo queria decirte que no te afanes por sentirte como te sientes. Todos tenemos esos dias en que lo unico que queremos es escapar de la realidad y refugiarnos en nuestros sueños, en ese lugar donde nos sentimos en paz y a salvo. Pero como todo, esos dias vienen y van. Ten pasciencia, el sol pronto saldrá e iluminará tus días! Mientras tanto, un gran abrazo! Cuidate!

     
  • At 6:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Just letting you know that I've changed my blog to be a private one! I still want you to check it though & be my friend!! :)
    so, please e-mail me at j-losworld@hotmail.com with the e-mail you use for Blogger so that I can send you an invite!!! thanks!!!
    - Janelle ( J-Lo's World!)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER