El Camino...
Es largo y profundo, pero voy a caminar el camino...
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Let's Talk About Anne
Anne of Green Gables that is...

I share with you all the following post as accompanied by photos;

I have this desire lately to go to school to study cooking



I want to study cooking because someday I want to open a restaurant; inspired by international cuisine and to support the refugee/immigrant population here in Canada, as well as educate the rest of us folk about refugee and immigrant issues...




As well as this restaurant idea; I also want to open another restaurant; it would be open weekends as a restaurant, where the WHOLE kitchen is visible along one length of the restaurant; not only would it be an experience in fine cuisine, but also an entertaining experience... during the week, the "restaurant" would become an institute of sorts; offering fun evening cooking classes and things of that sort... HOW AWESOME AN IDEA IS THIS!??!!?!?! PLEASE DON'T STEAL IT... IT IS WHAT MAKES MY HEART GO INTO OVERDRIVE THESE DAYS... I am soooo excited about this people!!! PS: If you have money and would consider becoming an investor one day; call me, we can talk.

Where do I want to achieve this beautiful dream of beoming a culinary whiz???

PEI. Prince Edward Island.





The picture of the funny man was just that - funny. When I searched "PEI" he showed up... is his name Pei or something?

Anyway; focus back on me and my dream. Why PEI you might ask? Well... because that is where Holland College or the Culinary Insitute of Canada is located.



Now, if only I can find the nutty tuition money, in September 2007 my dream could begin... don't get me wrong people; so many factors involved before I could even think of uprooting myself and my life to PEI; but man... the more I think about being one of these guys:



The more excited I get. Anyone out there want to sponsor a future world famous chef? What do y'all think of the ideas? Would you support something like that? Would you dine out at a restaurant like that? Does it intrigue you? Questions? Comments? Dime por favor!
posted by Erica @ 10:53 p.m.  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds fabulous to me! I'm in man! Don't have much "dough" but I'd be willing to sponsor the dreams of a wonderful Chef Scammell! :0
    Love ya and hope to hear from you soon...miss you ya crazy kid!

     
  • At 11:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a cool idea. The only thing is that you might not find that PEI is the best location for a restaurant like that. Sadly, you might have to go to a big city. However! I think the idea is really very cool and, should I ever come into some money, I'll let you know. Unless $100 is all you need. I have $100... but then I don't get to eat this month. ;) But hey! I'll have invested in a restaurant; I'll just come eat there.

     
  • At 5:47 p.m., Blogger Karis said…

    sounds sweet... I like you.

     
  • At 7:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know. Do you really like those big hats anyways? And PEI is too much in the East for you, they won't like your country music and your Saskatchewanee accent I think. If you open your restaurant in Montréal then I'll definitely go.

     
  • At 10:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great idea scami! i would definitely come to your restaurant AND i'd leave you a big tip.

     
  • At 8:06 p.m., Blogger Esther said…

    Wo, that's a pretty cool idea. I think it would be more successful in a larger city like Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver...don't you?
    Oh, wait, maybe you're just going to PEI to study so you can do that. Well, rock on! Hope you get your tuition and can journey to the land of Anne.

     
  • At 8:45 a.m., Blogger Denita Dyck said…

    adrian would totally go into business with you out east... of course i would also come along if that's okay.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Erica
Home: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Week

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. Mother Teresa

Fellow Bloggers
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER